ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a completely stock wrx except for a non catted invidia v2 downpipe. My question is do you think that I will be able to pass smog with this down pipe on? Id rather not mess with putting the stock one back on if I am going to pass with this downpipe on...

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Hey guys I have a completely stock wrx except for a non catted invidia v2 downpipe. My question is do you think that I will be able to pass smog with this down pipe on? Id rather not mess with putting the stock one back on if I am going to pass with this downpipe on...
If he looks down and sees your down pipe, they probably won't even test you (= fail). As to whether you will pass the sniffer test with the 2nd cat deleted, I don't know. Tell me when you find out though.

I'd say its probably worth it to put the stocker back on for the test. You may or may not pass the visual depending on the tech. You also may or may not pass the sniffer.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think what I will do is try to pass it and see what happens. Usually they will allow you a retest for free so I think that I am going to just try to smog it right now and if I dont pass just put the stock one back on. I will let you guys know...

·
Registered
617 Posts
I literally passed my smog test in Utah yesterday with a catless DP and a stock mid, back and up. You should be fine (Unless your state is crazy anal)

GL!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think what I will do is try to pass it and see what happens. Usually they will allow you a retest for free so I think that I am going to just try to smog it right now and if I dont pass just put the stock one back on. I will let you guys know...
Well I am in CALIFORNIA!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts