Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Umm-how much does it cost to repair/replace the rear bumper of a WRX?

I used a valet parking service and it was damaged by them. Seems like they backed into a yellow cement post. I didn't notice the damage at the lot, because it just seemed to be dirt on my bumper from a distance. There are scrapes and a dent on the bumper's driver side. I saw it when I got home. They say they won't cover it because I did not point it out at the lot.

I dont know where to go with this-but what are the costs involved here if I gotta go outta pocket. Already filed a complaint with BBB after the manager said he'd do nothing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
As we speak...

Mine's getting replaced as we speak. Some rock star in an Audi bumped into my rear bumper. I'm thoroughly enjoying my Chevy Malibu rental (not).

Estimate including new bumper, paint, rental was over $500. I would think that you could get it done without the rental for about $350-400 at a lower bid.

The good news is that there's only OEM parts available, so you don't have to worry about non-OEM misfits.

PC

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thought here-

Is there a body kit that totally replaces the rear bumper? I'm not talking about just an rear bumper spoiler. If so, it seems that replacing that with a new kit would make some sense over just replacing it with the same part.

·
Registered
298 Posts
wildnuts said:
Umm-how much does it cost to repair/replace the rear bumper of a WRX?

I used a valet parking service and it was damaged by them. Seems like they backed into a yellow cement post. I didn't notice the damage at the lot, because it just seemed to be dirt on my bumper from a distance. There are scrapes and a dent on the bumper's driver side. I saw it when I got home. They say they won't cover it because I did not point it out at the lot.

I dont know where to go with this-but what are the costs involved here if I gotta go outta pocket. Already filed a complaint with BBB after the manager said he'd do nothing.

reparing scratches from parking hit and run and repainting entire cover at reputable body shop in western pa cost my mother $284.

my estimates from a dealership body shop for repair of scratch and repaint is $386....full replacement of cover with paint would be $483. this is from a dealer in ky.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
I think you can get a pretty good paintjob for around $150. Whatever paint job you get just make sure that you ask them if they will re-paint it if the color seems off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts