Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are u 4eat guys running an aftermarket panel filter on ur rides? just wondering, i took off the silencer, and just using the stock filter right now, just wanna see if u guys are running an aftermarket filter and if u notice and kind of difference with spool or power, thanx guys

·
Hammerdown Mod of Thunder
23,884 Posts
Didn't notice any difference with a K&N filter.

·
Registered
392 Posts
K&N filter was my first mod. Didn't really notice performance gains. Did hear the turbo spool more loudly.

·
Registered
105 Posts
i agree

i have the k and n panel filter and didnt notice any gains a hp or two is hard to feel without dynoing the car so if there was a small gain it is hard to feel when driving. i also did the silencer mod but i left the ram air portion and the elbow part of the snorkus/silencer. I hack sawed the silencer just below the elbow so in theory i should get air from the ram airl plastic stock peice and from the fender. I luv the sound it makes.

chris

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
question: can you use turboxs intake on the stocker? i was goning to get Blitz SUS but my brothers has a stage 4 wrx and one time it was causeing him to knock.

·
Registered
105 Posts
i just get any decent drop in filter

I have read so many places that putting a cai or short ram intake in our cars doesnt help and some times hurts. The maf sensor gets tricked when changing it. Its real sensitive to the oem design many have tried different combonations. The basic consensus is to remove the silencer and put in a good panel filter but like mention before watch the oiling.

chris

ps wrxout let me know how the tiptronic you put into the car works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts