Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive gotten an estimate or two on painting the Sti hood scoop....both run around 125 $ is this unusually high or is it just me??
tis seems kind of steep for a small part! help!!!
DML

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Um, should be about $85-$100, but if they are good, they are good. Look at it this way. If you get two estimates, either way you go, you'll have the most info and bargaining power. :cool:

-Jim

·
Registered
295 Posts
I paid $30, with a paint match/longevity guarantee. I really wouldn't pay more for paint than the part itself! Alki Autobody. Pretty reputable in the Seattle hot-rod scene...

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hehe, I dropped mine off on night, and picked it up the next after noon. And $150 for a STi scoop? I got mine for $105 shipped straight from FHI thru a deal. Even now I can get them for $130-$140 shipped depending where ya are. Where'd you buy yours from?

DarkMoonLord said:
btw im paying 150 for the scoop Sti ready to paint......

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i actually havent gotten it yet.....but was looking at Alta in Beaverton.......if you can get me the scoop for what you said (130-140) and painted for 30.......i would definitely drive to seattle to pick it up!!! let me know ok???? thanks..stephen
DML

·
Registered
295 Posts
Lemme make some calls tomorrow. I can get the scoop shipped directly to you using a shop that I have a contact at in Tokyo. I didn't realize you were on the west coast. If you can wait, I can at least save you some money on a hoodscoop. $135 shipped directly to you. I'm gonna drop off my side skirts 2morrow for painting, so I'll ask about the hoodscoop again. Hopefully they can package a deal for us. What color is your car? If it's not black, what's your paint code?

B

DarkMoonLord said:
i actually havent gotten it yet.....but was looking at Alta in Beaverton.......if you can get me the scoop for what you said (130-140) and painted for 30.......i would definitely drive to seattle to pick it up!!! let me know ok???? thanks..stephen
DML

·
Registered
82 Posts
There have been a couple of vendors on i-club selling the STI scoops painted for around $180 (ScobyDude had one in the VendorGB section). I would do a search there. Saves the extra work of getting it done yourself.

Dale

·
Registered
295 Posts
Okay, I don't know where I got $30 from...My gross total was $71.81. Maybe the Subydude route might be the way to go...I think I got it confused with getting side skirts painted, which will be for $130....sorry.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey ...no problem...i appreciate the help anyway! i will definitely get a hold of subydude next...thanks for everything!
DML

·
Registered
416 Posts
Theres a site where you can get the STI hood scoop prepainted in all colors (or one if you want) for $229. I got it. The paint quality was pretty goor and only under a flashlight at night can you notice the difference in shades of WR blue.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts