ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i want to paint the silver emblem just not sure what color? all i know is the silver is driving me nuts. i have a plasma blue car and want to paint it black, just not sure. also thought about painting it dark gray, or dark gray with the wrx part black. also thought bought black with wrx dark blue, or dark gray with wrx dark blue. what do you guys think??

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i wonder how much those pieces are? prob light sanding/practically nothing. then light primer coat, then another coat, then repeat with paint. the part thats gonna be a pain is cutting out the font.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
go to an automotive paint supplies store (no this isnt a napa) and purchase the lightest scuff pads *typically called scotch brite pads* scuff them with that then rub them down with paint prep, light prime to tack then shoot

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my gf uncle is a painter so i can get all that from him, i used to have all that stuff but i think my bro in law jacked me lol

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
besides i have already read how to's and all that mess im asking for color opnions not what do you guys have for painting tips

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
i wonder how much those pieces are? prob light sanding/practically nothing. then light primer coat, then another coat, then repeat with paint. the part thats gonna be a pain is cutting out the font.
Pieces cost 22.30 for one so, it's not CRAZY expensive. Plus, you'll always have the original if you need to stick them back on. For ~50 bucks, that seems worth it to me.

Joe

·
Registered
133 Posts
I think painting it dark grey, with the WRX in dark blue would look sharp, as long as you could get some dark blue paint very similar to the plasma blue

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
In complete honesty id color match the piece and tape off the WRX so it stays silver

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea i thought bought it trying to color match it to put gray with font blue. i have seen all black and it looks better but doesnt stand out enough on plasma blue. i think either the color match with sliver wrx, or black with sliver wrx.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I blacked mine out with Plasti-dip. It comes out a matte color, stays on great and is easy to remove if you put on enough coats. Check out dipyourcar.com they have tutorials. You can pick up cans for 6$ at home dept etc and one can is plenty.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I was thinking about plastidippin my sti emblems. How hard do you think it would be to peel off the the paint on the letters? I want to keep the red letters and don't really know an easier way.

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
How hard do you think it would be to peel off the the paint on the letters?
as in peal the plasti dip?

Have you gotten a chance to use plasti dip before? Hopefully since the letters are recessed after you spray you can maybe rub them off or use some goo gone on a Q tip. Check out the DipYourCar videos on youtube. Esp how they spray emblems should be a similar procedure. Good Luck

·
Registered
46 Posts
JDM vinyls makes decals that fit inside the WRX emblem on the side..I just did mine..need steady hands to do but its cheap and looks great

1 - 20 of 20 Posts