Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's getting cold here in Michigan. But once spring comes back around I'm going to paint my calipers. I know it's a ways away, but I can't stop thinking about every mod I want to do to my car. =)

I have a blue WRX. I'm looking for pics of blue WRXs with the calipers painted. Trying to decided on a color. I was thinking of white. But then I thought of something. I want something that will stand out. White calipers might not stand out with the tires on. A friend has a blue WRX and painted his red. They look great, but I don't want to copy off him. =)

I need help. So post lots of pics please!

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Do you have aftermarket wheels? If so, what color?

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Dude, don't do white. They'll constantly get dirty from the break dust if not road gunk. I say do red, even if your friend already has that. It'll look cool...especially with some black or dark colored wheels.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Here's a pic of Akiata's car. Those are stoptechs he has on there. They're sweet:D

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not totally sure what color wheels I'll get. I know for sure they won't be bronze color. Most likely smoked or light smoked color. A small chance I'll get white, but I doubt it.

Anybody got more pics of blue WRXs with painted calipers? I'd like to see what all the other colors look like. I like the red though, I'd just rather not make it look like I'm copying off a friend. How would yellow look? Purple? Green? I'd still like to see white.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ive seen a good number of self painted calibers in my two days at NOPI nationals and night at Hot Import Nights. My absolute conviction on self painting is that you cannot possibly get the gloss and shine found on the pic above (beautiful stoptechs!) in ANY color. They're still red, but look far less appealing than what I would ever have in mind for my own calipers. Stoptech's calipers, along with ferrari and porsche, look the absolute best.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Akiatas car has the Most amazing Wheels ,Calipers setup i have ever seen..
Does he have rotors also,,show us more pics..
Beautifull wheel colour and nice red calipers.
Where is him so i can congrat him??
Thanks
Tuca

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My friend's red painted stock calipers look just as shiney.

There has to be somebody that painted their calipers other colors. Anybody?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was thinking about blue too. But I'd like something that jumps out at you. Like red or yellow. Maybe green. heh

·
Registered
114 Posts
I went with yellow. I think it compliments the blue the best, just like the yellow emblems on the rally car. I liked how it came out and the color isn't to bad when you get brak dust on it.

Andrew

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
neptune said:
I went with yellow. I think it compliments the blue the best, just like the yellow emblems on the rally car. I liked how it came out and the color isn't to bad when you get brak dust on it.

Andrew
That sounds really interesting Andrew...would you please post some pics. I would love to see how it came out. I can picture it all I want in my head, but nothing is like a pic.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Red is classic. It won't go out of style in a couple of years. For me, I try to think of what will still look good on my car 10 years from now. That's just me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I vote for Orange ( kinda partial ). If you use this stuff called POR-15, you will get a ceramic look to the calipers. It also brushes on instead of sprays so it is easier to apply. The Bondurant Racing school down here uses Orange Mustangs with Blue stripes and stickers and I think the cars look pretty good.
JeffR

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just for your info. Remember, when you paint Calipers you are running a risk of causing your breaks to collect heat quicker than normal. This thought I would tell you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That's not necessarily true, all the big dogs come with painted cailpers...Porsche Turbo, GT2, Z06, etc. The little bit of difference the paint may make will not be noticed in the performance of the brakes at all.
JeffR

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Powerwagon said:
Red is classic. It won't go out of style in a couple of years. For me, I try to think of what will still look good on my car 10 years from now. That's just me.
Excellent point!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts