ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a sti scoop off ebay but it's not the color of my car. so I go to a local shop. thinking can't be that much. got quote for small hood ding, fog light covers, side skirts and hood scoop. $738- so I ask the guy what about the scoop and fog light covers $192. seems a bit much. almost ready to get the paint and try my hand at this. oh and the quote was for the parts off the car besides the hood. whats your guys thoughts. I am almost tempted to toss it on the car and drive it for a bit while I figure it out.

·
Registered
285 Posts
i got my hoodscoop painted for 30 and my foglight covers painted for 15 so 192 in my opinion is outrageous:eek:

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought he was smoking something for that price

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
u can buy a painted sti scoop for like 150 and painted foglights for 50

·
Registered
61 Posts
I know this is more of an appearance post, but hey, so is the whole thread. I went and got a quote for getting my sideskirts painted WRB from a place that did great work on my old truck. $179.77!!! I told him I could get them new from the factory for $260 painted (then I found out www.subaruwrxparts.com had them for $235) and he could take a hike. He said "wow , $260 that's cheap" and the proceeded to tell me that if my car was in a wreck tommorow that the black skirts would cost him $230 each to replace! Is he getting screwed or is he just full of it?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
WR Blue Pearl said:
I know this is more of an appearance post, but hey, so is the whole thread. I went and got a quote for getting my sideskirts painted WRB from a place that did great work on my old truck. $179.77!!! I told him I could get them new from the factory for $260 painted (then I found out www.subaruwrxparts.com had them for $235) and he could take a hike. He said "wow , $260 that's cheap" and the proceeded to tell me that if my car was in a wreck tommorow that the black skirts would cost him $230 each to replace! Is he getting screwed or is he just full of it?
I dont know, but if u were to ever need black oem side skirts so many people have them laying around

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
maybe if it's dealer only parts or something. then I might beleive that.

·
Registered
465 Posts
You can find a better deal than that! I basically had my front bumper with a ding repaired and repainted, the whole right side of my car repainted(crease taken out of rear pass.), the trunk repainted, side grill pieces, and a body kit painted and installed for $1600. So basically half of the car was painted. $200 of that was for the kit. Look around some more.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya i will maybe next week

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
new local quote. fog light covers, scoop, skirts all in stock silver for $150 with no buffing. my buddy said he would buff it for me!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts