ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone decided to bash the front part of my door today - presumably with his or her knee - and it left quite a deep dent with an approximately 1mm wide by 2cm tall crack in the paint.

If I get paintless dent removal, will I be able to take care of the crack with touchup paint or is this a more involved repair?

Sidenote/vent: I will castrate the next person that I see screwing with mine or anyone else's car with a pair of rusty scissors.

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump.

I just noticed that the edge of the crack is peeling up and away from the sheetmetal. I guess I should tape over it to prevent rust/corrosion for now? :confused:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I do not think you can get this looking good without repainting the complete area, take it to a paintshop and listen to what they have to say...

Touchup paint is only good for small rock crimps/chimps (or what ever) If you use touchup paint you might want to apply paint to a thin object like a needle or something so you just have a drop of paint on it.. Then touch the car gently with it and let the paint flow into the damaged area. If it' not ok with one or two drops of paint it's to big to be rapaired in this way. But I would still have some paint or other protection there so I will not rust..

If you put tape on it you will keep the moisture inside and it will rust faster.

I would peal off the loose paint. make sure it's completly dry and clean then apply some touchup paint if you don't plan on having it fixed within a few days.

After that I would start a manhunt on the stupid ass that did this....:mad:

Edit: a picture would help ;) as I really don't know what the door dent is..or how big the damage is..;)

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice! I happened to be at the dealership today and the service guy saw it and said something about it being expensive and having to repaint the whole door, etc. Great. It's really not that big of a dent/crack, but I guess it's bad enough to warrant repainting the door. Should I do an insurance claim on this? :mad:

I just don't want my door rotting from the inside out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts