1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
:confused:

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
I apologize I don't recall your name from the Victory Meet, but where's the schedule?? We need to get going on this roller derby meet! :thumbup:
Yeah I'm mailing the schedule out to everyone tomorrow. Basically just be there around noon-10pm on Saturday.

·
Premium Member
6,299 Posts
Roller girls and beer FTW :thumbup:

BTW I think the point man on that was Lightning. He was the only DE car at Victory, right?

·
Registered
372 Posts
hey i'm here :)
check out www.phillyrollergirls.com and www.myspace.com/phillyrollergirls (radio ad is on that page) for some more detailed information if you like.
the bout i was talking about is 10/20 (saturday) starting at 6pm in feasterville, pa - just off street rd, easy to get to:

From I-95
Follow I-95 to the Street Road West/ 132 exit.
Follow Street Road/ 132 West approximately 5 miles to Bustleton Avenue.
Make a Right onto Bustleton Avenue and follow to the 2nd traffic light. (The Buck Hotel will be directly in front of you at the light)
Make a Left at the light onto Bustleton PIKE, and follow 6/10 of a mile to Loretta Avenue. (Loretta Avenue will be the first Right after the railroad tracks, and will lead you into a small office park)
Make the Right onto Loretta, and follow to O’Reilly Drive.

The Sportsplex & Mill Creek Picnic Grounds are located at 1331 O'Reilly Drive, Feasterville, PA 19053.

From US Route 1 or the PA Turnpike:
Follow the PA Turnpike to exit 351-Philadelphia.
After paying your toll, stay Right and take US Route 1 South.
Follow US Route 1 South to the Street Road/ 132 West Exit.
Follow Street Road/ 132 West for approximately 2.5 miles to Bustleton Avenue.
From here, same directions as above!

let me know what (if anything) you'd like to do besides this - they have basic food there, and of course beer - there will also be an after party nearby after the 2nd bout; it's a doubleheader!

·
Premium Member
16,991 Posts
Now I know why I don't visit the Tri-State forum. :eek3:

·
Registered
372 Posts
oh yeah, and there's a bout in lancaster on the 13th which will be a lot of fun - Harrisburg Area Roller Derby (H.A.R.D.) vs Lancaster (Dutchland Rollers) and i'll be attending that, as well. again, if you need info, let me know. these things are usually early-ish on saturday (sometimes sunday) nights, so you're free early enough to go do other things if you're not after-partying! :)

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, from looking at things it appears that the only day that would work would be the Nov. 10th event. This does appear to be a biggie. How hard would tickets be to get? Should we shoot for another event, or does the Championship Double Header sound to be as good as it gets?

http://www.phillyrollergirls.com/#2007season

What do the rest of you guys think?

·
Premium Member
6,299 Posts
I'm game.

I'll be back from the islands, so it's roller girls and beer!! :D

·
Registered
372 Posts
i'm sure it'll be a great night and i'm all for it - all the bouts are a great time. FWIW, i'll be there this saturday also for the doubleheader which will have some guest skaters from some other leagues.
why does only the 10th work? too short notice for this weekend?
as for tickets... no worries - it's never been a problem - you can buy 'em at the door, but i usually do recommend people get 'em ahead of time just in case. that said, i've never bought them ahead of time myself, but these two bouts could be different - two matches per night will probably equal a lot of fans who all want to see their favorite skaters. i say buy 'em ahead of time if you can.
anyone who wants to come saturday is welcome, too - i'll be there with lots of derby friends!

·
Registered
47 Posts
roller derby

I am kinda shocked to see that roller derby is flying hi in suby land. perhaps i should introduce myself, my name is steven ball and i work for sure-grip international, we are a supplier of roller derby skates, wheels, and bearings. if you ever need anything just let me know...

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
I am kinda shocked to see that roller derby is flying hi in suby land. perhaps i should introduce myself, my name is steven ball and i work for sure-grip international, we are a supplier of roller derby skates, wheels, and bearings. if you ever need anything just let me know...
:wiggles:

Sweet, so if I need to contact someone to complete my fiance's Boogie Nights Rollergirl costume I know where to go! :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
To short of a notice to get a meet going, and I got **** going on. :redface:
But Nov. 10th. it is!!
Seth what is the best way to get tix?
best way is through that link you see in the schedule - brown paper tickets is probably the best way, and they have will call at the rinks. there are a few other places selling tickets listed on the website, too, but they're not as easy as the online thing.
one other thing (well i'm sure there will be other things) - we want to get there early-ish. doors usually open an hour before the bout, and you probably want to be there around then too - parking fills up fast, and you can end up walking for a little while if you wait til close to gametime to get there. there will be a little bit of tailgating going on, and people to see and meet and find seats and stuff. remember, you can sit on the floor right up to the track, so rollergirls might land in your lap! but you gotta get those seats staked out early if you want to be that close. if not, there are traditional stands outside the rink boards, and plenty of floor seating back from the track itself. you can bring your own folding chairs if you like - i prefer to be on the floor, myself. :)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts