ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Pace, very side note, but you know anyone looking for a XR 200? I got one to sell. Also you want to go riding some weekend, or plan a trip for later on for some sand?
MCL

·
5,799 Posts
We ride Watkins most every weekend. It's actually a sand track - although not enough to warrant a paddle. Quads are permitted. Wanna head out with us this weekend?

Another dune trip this year is going to be tricky with the baby situation.

I'll look out for anyone shopping an XR..

-pace

·
5,799 Posts
Brian - I responded to your PM on scoobytech. Actually my PMs here are now operational again.

Mike - The track is at Watkins; about 8 miles east of the DIA/Pena' exit, to the Watkins exit (x295?). Then south exactly 4 miles to Jewell (see the weather vane on the right), then 2 miles west on Jewell, and the track entrance is on the right. It's marked as "Do-Rite Gravel / Watkins Sportsriders Club".

Membership ($10?) is required, but you may be able to BS them that you want to take a look at the track before you commit to a membership. Especially so since it's the end of the season and they will be coming out with the 2005 memberships in a month or two. Or else you might be able to pay a little extra entrance fee for a day membership. Regular entrance fee is $8.

Although their track prep is not the best in Colorado, many people (myself included) think they have the best layout of any Colorado circuit. They have some great jumps, including a ~70ft tabletop (which I recently started clearing). Additionally, they have an 'open' riding area (where Nick Cave and others participate in autocrossing), a beginner track, and a pee-wee track.

-pace

1 - 9 of 9 Posts