ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone in central Pennsylvania is looking for a fun road, check out route 125 north from Interstate 81 to the town of Shamokin. Or you can map quest Hegins to Shamokin. It's about 20 miles and it takes at least 40 minutes to drive it. It passes over 4 or 5 mountains with various switchbacks, elevation changes and 180 degree corners with great banking. The best part is it's in the middle of nowhere, no traffic at all, I saw 2 cars the entire way and they were traveling opposite of me :D You will experience brake fade if you have stock pads :mad:

·
Registered
55 Posts
mmorningstar said:
If anyone in central Pennsylvania is looking for a fun road, check out route 125 north from Interstate 81 to the town of Shamokin. Or you can map quest Hegins to Shamokin. It's about 20 miles and it takes at least 40 minutes to drive it. It passes over 4 or 5 mountains with various switchbacks, elevation changes and 180 degree corners with great banking. The best part is it's in the middle of nowhere, no traffic at all, I saw 2 cars the entire way and they were traveling opposite of me :D You will experience brake fade if you have stock pads :mad:

wow...next time i go to my dad's house, im taking that one. he lives between lewisburg and williamsport just off rt 15. I usually just come up rt 15. which side of the river is this road on? I usually come from the turnpike(im in SE PA) and take 322 iirc and that dumps me onto 81 for a mile or so and somehow work my way to rt 15. theres a lot of hwy changes, but im not sure what any of them are called.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm from Williamsport, there's a couple of us on here. There's a ton of fun roads just north of the city, anywhere north of 220 really is where the good stuff starts.

·
Registered
55 Posts
sixstars said:
I'm from Williamsport, there's a couple of us on here. There's a ton of fun roads just north of the city, anywhere north of 220 really is where the good stuff starts.
nice, maybe next time im up there we can hook up for a drive. He lives closer to lewisburg, but williamsport is like 20 mins tops i think...he lives in Milton.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Cool, cool. My gram lives in Milton (park ave) and I go to visit her like once a month. Milton's just a hop skip and jump (over the big mountain) from da port!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thumbs up for a great drive, I left Allentown and, for the helluvit, ripped down I-78 west to I-81 north to route 209 to route 125 north and had a very good time. Got stuck a few miles behind a codger in a newish SS Monte Carlo. Otherwise it was very much fun with radically changing scenery! Just the small towns are jems for photographers who like the wierd and the wacky. Once in Shamokin, I took 61 south to 78 east. 61 is interesting for some of the towns but crawling with police in some spots.

I highly recommend this run and thanks to the OP.

David Bleurex

·
2,564 Posts
David Bleurex said:
BTW- May I recommend this run?
Yep, but I'll remove it after the event, if that's OK with you. Trying to keep these as specific places to go rather than events, as they'll rapidly be outdated.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
thats right by me, i go to susquehanna university. I am def goign to take a drive

1 - 9 of 9 Posts