ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a tech at Autozone pull the code from my 2006 WRX. The check engine light came on and the cruise light was flashing. He pulled the following code:
P2443
The description of the code was: Section Air injector system switching valve stuck closed bank 2.

Does anyone know what this means?

I called a local dealership and he told me the codes may not actually tell what the problem is on the car. I asked about how much it would cost to check/fix the problem and he threw out about $200.

I bought the car new in September '05. It has about 49,000 miles. So, that means that warranty work is out of the question.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sounds emissions related, so engine related. And if it is, you should still be under the 6-year 60k mile warranty, if I understand correctly?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,205 Posts
P2443
The description of the code was: Section Air injector system switching valve stuck closed bank 2.
Any mods to the car?

I called a local dealership and he told me the codes may not actually tell what the problem is on the car. I asked about how much it would cost to check/fix the problem and he threw out about $200.
Did the dealer employee not actually tell you what the code means?

So, that means that warranty work is out of the question.

Thanks for your help.
No it doesn't. CEL codes can be emission related. Your state may have specific requirements for manufacturers to support emission equipment. Find out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No mods

I don't have any mods on the car.

From Nebraska. Not sure on the emission laws for the state. You know, all this clean air around here.

The dealer was not much help. Stated that the code and description that was pulled may not actually be what's wrong. And that they may find more than that. He was very reluctant to quote me a price.

Thanks for the help. I think I'll try a different dealer.

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the club!

CEL codes can be emission related. Your state may have specific requirements for manufacturers to support emission equipment. Find out.
Ah yep. The affected part(s) might have a longer warranty.

Moving this thread to General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Tutorials.

·
Registered
159 Posts
a lot of people tend to believe that each touble code is a set problem with a set fix that is X amount of dollars. POXYZ = $423 PO123 = $75. a touble code just shows you where to look for the problem. the dealer or any other shop is going to want to see it and check it out before they give you a price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
P2443

This trouble code appears when 2 consecutive faults on start up occur in one of the two Secondary Air Combination (SAC) Valves. The WRX has 2 SAC Valves, your code points to the Left Hand (LH) valve. This could be a failed valve or an electrical problem. I recommend you check for a blown 10amp fuse in that curcuit. The fusebox is located in the engine compartment, the fuse is labeled. The secondary air system is emissions. This is straight out of the book.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the same code. I checked the fuses and they're good. I'm guessing my next move is to check out the valve and it's solonoid. I'm sure it's easy to get to, like under the intercooler on the left side of the engine...right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts