Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got my car off the auction. Front collision didnt hit the engine. Got frame pulled and rebuilt the front end and now it works fine except... I was driving to the shop to get my frame pulled on the highway and then check engine light and cruise flashing slowly. After I got my car fixed I checked the code at home and at autoparts just to make sure. It was the "P1443: EVAP Vent Control Solenoid Function Fault"
(It's a 2008 Subaru Impreza wrx)
So I went to do my research and I was suprised to not find anything helpful. I tried looking for the charcoal canister which forums said under the rear bumper which I couldnt find. After 2 hours I searched the whole car and finally found it behind the rear seats. Then I took off the plastic shield behind the rear right side wheel to get to the fuel lines where you fuel up. (Before digging into the car I went to fuel up and the gun kept clicking off even tho I was almost at empty, I don't know if this was a previous problem cause it was my first time fueling the car up) so theres a little valve right by the fuel nozzle that goes from the big line into 2 little ones, I took that off and it was clean I tried pushing air through them and figured out that the air was going through the purge valve in the charcoal canister. I believe that's what that line is. The second little line looked like it just disappeared under the car and I dont know where the air was going from that line. Then I decided to go to the gas station and I tried fueling again... same problem. Then I unplugged the middle big line coming from the charcoal canister and started fueling up and... boom it works the gun wouldnt click off anymore. So that means the problem has to be between where I unplugged the line past the charcoal canister up the lines to the fuel nozzle. Right? And yet the check engine light still remains I tried resetting it 2 times but after around 4 miles it turns right back on with the same error code.
The charcoal canister looks fine, I unplugged it shook it around it didnt have any gas in there not did any charcoal fall out like some people from other forums described. And blowing air through the canister it went through it. So I don't think it's the canisters fault. What are your guy's thoughts? I cannot pass emissions without getting this fixed.
Car has 124,000 miles
And yes I've tried the gas cap it's on tight.
I attached images of the valve I looked at right by the fuel nozzle, the middle line I unplugged while fueling. And the charcoal canister system.
UPDATE: was driving hit a 100 mph couple times. Then parked a revved the car a couple times to show off to some friends. Then I start my car to go home and to my surprise no more check engine light! Gonna try fueling in a couple days and post the update here

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got my car off the auction. Front collision didnt hit the engine. Got frame pulled and rebuilt the front end and now it works fine except... I was driving to the shop to get my frame pulled on the highway and then check engine light and cruise flashing slowly. After I got my car fixed I checked the code at home and at autoparts just to make sure. It was the "P1443: EVAP Vent Control Solenoid Function Fault"
(It's a 2008 Subaru Impreza wrx)
So I went to do my research and I was suprised to not find anything helpful. I tried looking for the charcoal canister which forums said under the rear bumper which I couldnt find. After 2 hours I searched the whole car and finally found it behind the rear seats. Then I took off the plastic shield behind the rear right side wheel to get to the fuel lines where you fuel up. (Before digging into the car I went to fuel up and the gun kept clicking off even tho I was almost at empty, I don't know if this was a previous problem cause it was my first time fueling the car up) so theres a little valve right by the fuel nozzle that goes from the big line into 2 little ones, I took that off and it was clean I tried pushing air through them and figured out that the air was going through the purge valve in the charcoal canister. I believe that's what that line is. The second little line looked like it just disappeared under the car and I dont know where the air was going from that line. Then I decided to go to the gas station and I tried fueling again... same problem. Then I unplugged the middle big line coming from the charcoal canister and started fueling up and... boom it works the gun wouldnt click off anymore. So that means the problem has to be between where I unplugged the line past the charcoal canister up the lines to the fuel nozzle. Right? And yet the check engine light still remains I tried resetting it 2 times but after around 4 miles it turns right back on with the same error code.
The charcoal canister looks fine, I unplugged it shook it around it didnt have any gas in there not did any charcoal fall out like some people from other forums described. And blowing air through the canister it went through it. So I don't think it's the canisters fault. What are your guy's thoughts? I cannot pass emissions without getting this fixed.
Car has 124,000 miles
And yes I've tried the gas cap it's on tight.
I attached images of the valve I looked at right by the fuel nozzle, the middle line I unplugged while fueling. And the charcoal canister system.
UPDATE: was driving hit a 100 mph couple times. Then parked a revved the car a couple times to show off to some friends. Then I start my car to go home and to my surprise no more check engine light! Gonna try fueling in a couple days and post the update here
Hey, I'm having the same problem, same CEL code and pumping gas is a pain in the a**. I was wondering if you ever had a final solution that fixed all the problems.

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts