Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought the car recently and every since I've had it it cuts out some under boost figured it probably needed plugs but it recently poped up the p0244 code and when boosting regardless of gear it cuts out some mostly in higher gears. When it builds boost you can watch the gauge run up to 15psi then immediately back to 7.5 without me moving my foot from the pedal. The car has a perrin up pipe /intake intercooler piping , cobb turbo back, aftermarket intercooler, (supposodly sti pink injectors) and cobb tuned. I know basically nothing about these cobb tuners and would really like to know What I should do to fix the "boost surging" like it does and I guess the boost creep is what makes the p0244 code. Any help is apreciated. Thanks.

· Not a mod... or is he? Or, is he not?
15,791 Posts
Start by checking for vacuum and boost leaks. I can't speak to the tune required as I'm not familiar enough with the bugeyes

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
done a hard launch and a couple pulls earlier and it went up to right around 17psi , the pull was relatively clean and after that i tried it again and it started again with the cutting out. when cruising in 4th at around 7psi it doesnt try to bleed off any i dont think there is a leak anywhere. i think my problem is more along the lines of boost creep. i dont know if the tune that is currently in the car is the low boost map or not. the car didnt come with an access port so i guess i will need to purchase one of those to know for sure what the car is doing. i think i will cobb a call tomorrow to see what they say. any idea how i could do a boost leak down test on the car?

· Not a mod... or is he? Or, is he not?
15,791 Posts
Well, stop doing it before you toast the engine. Your code is related to the wastegate if it's got a problem there is your answer.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

· Registered
171 Posts
Check my most recent thread... it seems like you have a boost leak problem, a lot like mine. The only time it would drop was when I got higher than 10 psi. It just depends on the severity of the leak. I ended up fixing mine through the fuel evap system. There were just a lot of ****ty hoses down there, causing a lot of leaks. If you've got a code related to the wastegate, it seems reasonable to look there first. Also, be leery about your car being Cobb tuned. If the previous owner had no idea what they were doing with the accessport, they could have really screwed some things up.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help. I put some plugs in it. Clean pulls no matter what now. No more codes. I also had to put a clutch in it after I done the plugs. The additional power was all it took to slip it under boost. That was a job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.