Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 wrx wagon stage 2 with a pro tune. I am throwing 2 codes. Please hep! I read the sticky for misfires as well.

P0200 Injector Circuit Malfunction
P0302 Cylinder 2 misfire

I swapped the IACV because of a rough idle. Didn't help, still super rough.
Last year cylinder 2 injector failed. No big deal installed a new injector. 2 weeks ago i threw P0200 and P0302 at the same time. To start my diagnosis i swapped the injector 2&4. Code did not follow the injector. Also cleaned the 2 grounds on top the manifold. I clear the code and after my commute it comes back (daily driven). I have poked around at the wiring and there is nothing leading me to any issue. Has anyone had this issue? How else can i diagnose?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So a month or so ago I soldered a wire from the ecu direct to the injector. It seemed to help for a short while(day or 2...). Anyone have any other diagnostics? Can I ground the injector to another injector? I'm at a loss here.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
468 Posts
Where did you route the hot wired injector wire through and have you inspected you main harness? I was chasing an o2 sensor issue for the longest time only to find my main wiring harness had fried at points. As for the rough idle have you ensured no air leaks, clean maf, and that the IACV you swapped works?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hot wire goes directly from the ecu to the injector. Bypassing the harness completely. I was going to buy a used ecu and have my pro tune loaded to see if I have a fried ecu?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bump please help!

So with the p0200 injector malfunction and p0302 cylinder 2 misfire on my stage 2 catted 02 wrx I have done the following to try and fix. Compression test(120psi all around which isn't great but none the less shouldn't be my issue), seafoam invade I had too much carbon build up, changed injector, coil pack, plugs, and most importantly ecu and the front harness under the manifold. Nothing yet has fixed the issue. Any ideas from anyone?? What should I try next? The entire wiring harness? Any ideas would help to get my baby going again and what is the "main harness" I already changed one front one. How many are there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts