Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 05 WRX STi that I recently purchased "As Is" (so im stuck with it) has gotten an amazing code of P0172 (Running Rich in Bay 1) I took my car to Jiffy Lube they said "Go to a Subaru Dealership and they should be able to diagnose it better then we can." Made an appointment with the Subaru Dealership and they said "We cannot diagnose the issue because your car is too modified" I asked "How modified?" They stated that the Fuel Lines were no longer OEM and that the intercooler is front mounted. Cool, though they didnt test O2 sensors, my MAP, my MAF all sensors that could go faulty with this code. I know I am no mechanical stig but if anyone could help me on this that would be amazing because atm I am getting 6MPG on a 16MPG vehicle maybe like 12 based on how old she is. I know that for my car to be running rich means that there isnt enough air going into the engine.

· Not a mod... or is he? Or, is he not?
15,787 Posts
I would start by parking the car. Contacting the previous owner and finding out who did the work and who tuned it. I would contact that shop about getting it looked at.

My concern with note about the front mount and fuel lines is a modification to the fuel system and the tune being removed presale so the owner could sell his tuning equipment.

What all is modified on the car?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.