Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is that ? what is causing it ? or just simply malfunction. it comes on and off regularly. someone please give me some input. I hate taking my car to the dealer. thanx.

Mods: FP turbo, uppipe+turboback ( no cats ) K&N dropped in no intake silencer, MBC.
ps. pocketlogger rocks!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
god
I have your DP, so what cat are you talking about :p ?
so the problem is the O2 sensor sitting on the third cat ( or where it's used to be? ) how do I clean it ? rubbing alchohol?

ps. got your e-mail about the injectors,,,, keep me updated thanx.
SL

·
Registered
110 Posts
Does the rear O2 sensor change the performance of the car? (ex: timing, fuel, etc...) OR is it just there to check if the cats are working. I essentially have mine ziptied under my car since my bpm catless midpipe didn't have a bung to put it into. I'm thinking about getting a bung welded into it, but haven't had a chance to take it to my local shop. THanks.

-James-

·
Moderating on the run!
7,322 Posts
P0140 is the one most people get when dealing w/ catless systems (cat inefficiency code). Dan's system probably won't throw that code as he has a "secret" cat in his;) .

P0139 looks like a problem directly w/ the O2 sensor. Might be worth checking the harness connectors in addition to what Dan suggested.

Big Sky

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
most likely I will go with the MIL fix kit if this CEL doesn't go away after cleaning, it started to get on my nerve. big orage/yellow CEL on face everyday.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not sure this would work on a WRX... But a lot of Grand Prix GTP guys remove the cats and replace the O2 sensor with a resistor from radio shack that puts out the correct ohms to trick the computer to think the sensor and cat are working. Do a web search on the GTP boards (clubgp.com). I am assuming the O2 sensor on the WRX is there just to monitor the cat. This way you don't need a bung.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts