ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new to the subie fam and having a little issue. Car is an 05 wrx wagon. After installing my uppipe/downpipe/turboback I expected to get the rear o2 sensor cel instead I got a front o2 code. I since bought a Subaru oem o2 sensor and installed it to still get the same code. I've tried to research to see what else could cause it but I see anything from getting a bad o2 that's new, to maybe a plug/voltage issue or even intake problems. Just looking for a little direction. Here are my current mods list

DC sports sri
Speed daddy header/uppipe/downpipe/everything
(No cats no resonators)
HKS SSQV
cobb 3 port CBS
Cobb AP Sub 3 v 001 (stage 2 map)

Using the cobb AP temporarily for a rough tune before installing big turbo/intercooler/injectors/fuel pump which I already have on the shelf and getting a professional tune. Need to get this issue nailed down before I install the rest of my goodies. Any help appreciated. Thanks

·
Master linguitist
10,105 Posts
I doubt your mods are supported by the tune. Specifically the header. It's probably throwing the O2 reading off.

That's my guess. I'd sell that HKS blowoff valve and put it towards the turbo.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only thing is I had that code even before the header immediately after putting on the downpipe and exhaust. Also the specific code is for o2 malfunction rather than low or high readings

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put the header on and changed the o2 sensor at the same time with no change. Can the front o2 be just turned off when the tune is done?

·
Master linguitist
10,105 Posts
Not that kind of party. It's required for the engine management to calculate fueling along with the maf sensor.

The tune you have in no way supports your modifications. You don't just flash something to hold you over. The stage 2 tune does not support the headers, no tune supports a vta bov, or the bcs the only thing it supports is the down pipe alone with no other modifications.

If you are driving this vehicle, I'll be surprised if it survives until you get the turbo and whatever.

As for your O2 sensor. If it's not the wiring or a relay, it's possible something is wrong with the sensor. Check it and see if it has good connections. Incorrect maps can cause errant sensor readings in the exhaust and can trigger a dead short code.

Edit
I just pulled the map notes, intake on the older car is fine. Bov not so much, no support for after market headers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the help. I have removed the bov already and put the stock on until I figure out a better method. I am not driving the car as I dont want to damage anything prematurely. I may also just uninstall the AP as well if it could just be making things worse at this point. I am going to get a custom tune so I'll not use it after that I just figured it would be better than nothing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts