ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently became the proud owner of a modded 2002 WRX and really see why they have such a following. My problem is that I'm getting a code for low barometric manifold pressure ,I've checked for vacume leaks and can't find any but if I start to acclerate hard the car falls on it's face and I've noticed it getting worse. I thought it was a bad map sensor but from what I read that's not likely so I'm trying like hell to figure out why it just falls on it's face when boost starts kicking in? And when I got home last night I ran the scan on my Cobb v3 and suddenly it shows two codes now P0129 & P0181 any help is appreciated

·
Registered
47 Posts
Use the AP to display the MAP sensor reading at different engine speeds. Log the value when it "falls on it's face ."This should confirm the diagnosis above.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank I was just going through my settings on my Cobb v3 and noticed there was a gauge for the map sensor so I'm gonna try that thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not the map sensor is so I still don't know what the hell it is showing low baro pressure?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Block has been half decked ,carrilo rods, wiseco pistons,Cobb 20g turbo,1000cc injectors, walboro fuel pump, grimmspeed ebc, k&n cold air, front mount innercoolervafr fuel rails and regulator, Cobb v3, uel header, invidia exhaust + up pipe and down pipe no cats ,I'm probably forgetting some stuff but off the top of my head that's most of it
SL Performance boxer engines built the motor about 12,000 miles ago

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also I tracked down why it was falling on it's face at 4000 rpms ,it had a coil going bad but that still doesn't answer why I'm still getting P0129 and it will still occasionally stumble in high rpms at wot

1 - 8 of 8 Posts