Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
when taking off my intake i accidentally ripped the wires out of the camshaft position sensor on bank 1 passenger side. i did my best at repairing the connection however now that everythings together im getting hard starts and codes P0016 and P0340 which deal with camshaft sensor. however once started she runs totally fine. can anybody tell me how bad it would be to disable these codes? i need to drive halfway across country in a couple days and would like my cruise control to work and i am not trying to take off the intake again that soon. ALSO there were three wires on the connector, i fixed them to mirror the left side's wires. maybe theyre backwards? can anyone confirm the order of the wires please? that would help greatly!! thanks for anything guys. 2006 wrx.

edit: tried disabling the codes and it didnt start at all. so with the codes from the bad wiring is it okay to drive long distance? car is mechanically fine.

·
Premium Member
12,314 Posts
I think there is only one part # for the left and right, so they should be wired the same way and not mirrored. Copy the wiring exactly from the left one.

I would not go on the trip that way when you can replace the part for $100 for OEM.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think there is only one part # for the left and right, so they should be wired the same way and not mirrored. Copy the wiring exactly from the left one.

I would not go on the trip that way when you can replace the part for $100 for OEM.

ive been coming to that conclusion on the wiring too. the part is fine but the wires are backwards i guess. its definitely not possible to fix the wires with the intake still on. wire harness is so friggin short, thats why they got pulled out in the first place.

·
Premium Member
12,314 Posts
ive been coming to that conclusion on the wiring too. the part is fine but the wires are backwards i guess. its definitely not possible to fix the wires with the intake still on. wire harness is so friggin short, thats why they got pulled out in the first place.
I can't picture it as my car only has the driver's side sensor. My understanding is you should be able to remove the sensor without removing the intake. If you can access the harness at any point, you can switch the two wires and re-splice them.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I can't picture it as my car only has the driver's side sensor. My understanding is you should be able to remove the sensor without removing the intake. If you can access the harness at any point, you can switch the two wires and re-splice them.
Mine are two on the rear of the heads on top. Tucked underneath the fuel rails. Ill see what i can do while its together

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Swapped the two end wires and all is good now! It was a lot easier then i thought it was guna be given where it is. Once you take off the crankcase breather hose its smack right behind that.

·
Premium Member
12,314 Posts
Great - have a nice trip!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts