ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to share this one with you guys. I'm still laughing about it....

On my way home from work today I rolled up on a red fox body mustang GT. The paint was faded to almost pink and it was rockin the , what seems like a requirement for mustang owners, flowmaster exhaust. I will be the first to admit that I love the way a 5.0 mustang sounds with flows.

I looked the car over and didnt notice anything unusual like a cowl hood or wide tires so I kept on cruising by. Well the guy saw me go by and decided he wanted to play. He caught up with me and when I looked over he had his window down and he was taking a hard look at my car. We were only going about 35 by this time (the road was 2 lanes in each direction with the occasional stop light) so I rolled down my passenger window and ask him "what's up?"

With a very southern accent he replied "whered you get those rims at, them are nice!" I responded that the rims were in fact stock and that I've spent all my money on the motor so far. He was pretty polite, and with a grin he asked if I wanted to "bump em off"

"Sure!" :D

I put the car in second and told him to go ahead. He gunned it and I put the pedal to the floor. As soon as I did the sound of wheelspin and my external wastegate dumping right in his ear caused him to swerve to the right and hit the brakes. At least I think he hit the brakes. I passed him like he was standing on them, who knows.

I was thinking :confused: .... what happened.... so I slowed down. He came back up next to me and said "you skeered the **** outta me! what's wrong with your car????" I told him nothing was wrong, it's just loud. He looked a little confused. By this time we were approaching some traffic at the red light up ahead so we didnt race any more.

This is one of the times where I wish I had a camera phone or something. The look on this guy's face was priceless.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
hmm, i should really hear what an external wastegate sounds like. i'm sure its been said before, but what turbo are you running to get those numbers?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
man... Your car traps at 120mph... I only wish my car was that quick from a roll..

Can I ask how much boost you are running to get those number? The only t3/t4 turbo that i am familar with was the one that was bolted onto a turbo civic. It was running 15psi according to the owner, and put down 388whp.. The darn thing rolled over my 1820 runnin 19psi at over 110mph. Amazing how those turbos yield so muh power at such low boost levels.

·
Registered
464 Posts
can u list ur mods? those are some very impressive numbers

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Amusing story, excellent time and numbers. You'd rape my STi from a stop or roll. Badass. Slowly working on that though... ;)

RN

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
silverscooby said:
It made 450whp on 28psi but it was falling to 24psi by redline. I fixed the problem but havent had a chance to re-dyno.

Those track times were with 25psi.
:eek3: 450!!! damn.. Stay out of my neighborhood. I am afraid... very afraid.

Nice kill by the way :D . lucky he didn't pee himself

·
Registered
753 Posts
Jim, that is f-ing hillarious!! :rotfl: I can so picture the image you painted.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts