Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys I just had a quick question about overboost.

I just installed an Invidia catless downpipe on my 07 Wrx over the weekend. The car only has an access port and the downpipe at this point.

So I decided to do some datalogging and go through the results to watch for any overboost. I at about 3200 Rpm in third gear just after I hit it the Boost spikes to about 16.3 Psi for 3 tenths of a second then comes down to about 14.5-15 psi then tapers down to around 10-11 Psi when I start getting closer to redline.

I know on the cobb website it says the boost target is 15.5 Psi tapering down to 12.5 Psi by the 6800 Rpm redline.

So my question is, is the point where it spikes to 16.3psi bad? or is that fine because it's such a short period maybe the wastegate just takes a second to do its job?

Also would there be something funky about it because it's tapering lower than it should closet to the redline? Or is that normal for it to be off a bit?

Thanks in advanced!

·
Super Moderator
10,897 Posts
What map are you running? I thought the stage 2 map targeted 17ish

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,897 Posts
So it's 15.5 +-1psi. Sounds like you are in that range.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,580 Posts
My question -- and I'm just asking so that you are cautious -- is whether that particular map specifies a catless DP? I genuinely don't remember at this point.

·
Æternum
15,475 Posts
I seem to recall boost target came with the caveat of +/- 1 psi.

Consult the map notes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I checked out the map notes and it is +/- 1 psi. So I seem to be good. Also SD_GR Yes on the cobb website it says the stage 2 requires stock or cobb intake and a turbo back exhaust. It doesn't say whether to not the downpipe is catted or catless so I imagine it doesn't make a huge difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts