ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed a vf22 turbo, sti inj., utech, spark plugs, and a fuel pump. we took it out on a drive and it started to get real hot. ya i know that i lost some coolant when we took off the old turbo but i put some in the over flow tank but dont think its filling back up though that .please help very puzzled .

·
Registered
907 Posts
when you lose fluid you get air in the system. when you drive you pump the air out, and the level will go down, so then you need to add more fluid.

·
Registered
17 Posts
With the car cold, take off the radiator cap. Start the car and let it run through a heat cycle, air should bubble out the top then you should have got rid of it.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
cdvma said:
With the car cold, take off the radiator cap. Start the car and let it run through a heat cycle, air should bubble out the top then you should have got rid of it.
Yup, or you could be an idiot like me and drive it instead of just let it sit and hea cycle.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think i got it . i filled it up and then started the car let it get hot while adding some (seen lots of bubbles) and then drove the car for about 20 miles or so the temp. didnt go up any more then before the swap. now its time to get it tuned and see what #s i get out of it now. thanks for all your hepl guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts