ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an 07 wrx wagon just went stage two with cobb ap and now when i am in high rpms in 3rd or 4th gear i get a code for over boosting...what are my options here how can i fix this?
 

·
Master Baiter
Joined
·
22,115 Posts
Any parts besides the TBE?

You can try the LWG map
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a catted downpipe...my tbe is cobb also i have the cobb intake
 

·
Master Baiter
Joined
·
22,115 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay il have to do that, what exactly does that do and is it okay to run long term or should i get a pro tune? i dont plan on doing any more engine mods for a while.
 

·
Not Asian
Joined
·
1,069 Posts
LWG means Low Wastegate and is designed for cars that are exceeding target boost. Try that and do some data logging. 3rd gear WOT from around 2500 RPM to redline. While I personally can't interpret the data, there are a lot of people on here that can hellp you out. To answer your question about long term, the LWG map can definitely be used long term, but obviously it's still an OTS map. The only way to truly dial your unique and individual car in is a protune. If you're not doing engine mods for a while, then a protune might be worth saving for IMO.
 

·
Master Baiter
Joined
·
22,115 Posts
oberman562 said:
okay il have to do that, what exactly does that do and is it okay to run long term or should i get a pro tune? i dont plan on doing any more engine mods for a while.
Ying said:
LWG means Low Wastegate and is designed for cars that are exceeding target boost. Try that and do some data logging. 3rd gear WOT from around 2500 RPM to redline. While I personally can't interpret the data, there are a lot of people on here that can hellp you out. To answer your question about long term, the LWG map can definitely be used long term, but obviously it's still an OTS map. The only way to truly dial your unique and individual car in is a protune. If you're not doing engine mods for a while, then a protune might be worth saving for IMO.
As Ying mentioned, the LWG map is for situations like yours where the tune is causing the car to overboost, and will dial back the WGDC a bit in an effort to curb the overboost conditions.

If you wanted to take some datalogs and upload them to a site like Google Docs, we can take a look at them for you. If you do that, just be sure to make the .xls file public, or else we won't be able to view it.

In regards to a protune, it's absolutely worth it if you have a good person making the map for you. It will transform the car, almost as much as when you went to StageII from stock; faster spool, wider powerband, better response, etc. Just be sure you have all the engine parts on that you'll want for a while, so you won't have to get the tune touched up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright thanks guys i think i will save some money for a protune and in the mean time il load that lwg map.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I cant seem to find the lwg map from the ots know where to find it at?
 

·
Master Baiter
Joined
·
22,115 Posts
oberman562 said:
I cant seem to find the lwg map from the ots know where to find it at?
They don't appear to make one for your MY. Disregard...
 

·
Not Asian
Joined
·
1,069 Posts
Just be sure you have all the engine parts on that you'll want for a while, so you won't have to get the tune touched up.
To this point, and not to suggest removing even more dollar bills from your wallet...find a reputable tuner, talk to him about your goals long-term for the car and see what they say about recommended additional parts whether it be a boost controller, larger TMIC, fuel pump, etc. Then you'll have a really good idea about what you're budget is looking like in the near-term to save for a protune. You seem similar to someone in my boat which is tune a daily driver until the stock turbo is starting to be the weakest link and then quit because...it's needed as a reliable daily driver. Just remember, it's your car and you know what you can afford so sometimes the loot gets in the way of what's reasonable.


Contact Cobb.
To this point, if you go ahead and log your current map and the overboost in 3rd, get in touch with Cobb, absolutely. You've paid for one of their products and along with that comes amazing customer service. They might be able to satisfy your concerns without having to get a protune and shell out additional money. I'm surprised that there isn't a LWG map for your year actually. I thought most years did have HWG and LWG maps. It appears they skipped 2006 and 2007 for some reason.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Called Cobb they said to uninstall the ap and do a pull to see if it still over boost to see if it's the map or maybe a hardware problem and that I would prolly need a protune.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top