ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I Recently bought a 02 Wrx has lots of mods,When i get on the freeway WOT 4th gear or so my car cuts out then throws a wastgate code.
I have a 16g, cobb intake, pink sti 565 injectors,3 and a halve catless exhaust,headers,uppipe,downpipe,Short ram intake,huge TMIC,HKS BOV,cobb stage three tune,amoung some other stuff im forgetting right now. What do I do?I know the management system is cutting it out to prevent damage...But How do I fix it?I would like to fix it myself if possible..

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
My advice: get a professional tune. Those OTS maps are crap.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
cobb stage three tune

What is a Cobb stage three tune? As far as I know Cobb only has OTS maps for stage one, two, and vf39.. and I'm fairly certain they have no maps made for cars with aftermarket headers.

You're going to need a real tune with those mods.

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
What is a Cobb stage three tune? As far as I know Cobb only has OTS maps for stage one, two, and vf39.. and I'm fairly certain they have no maps made for cars with aftermarket headers.

You're going to need a real tune with those mods.
AccessPORT Off The Shelf Maps

Stage 3 is on the list. But I agree, he needs a custom tune.

Reactions: T0rque

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
Ahh.. looks like they've updated their OTS map list (honestly, I don't pay much attention to Cobb stuff these days).

Is the 16g you're running the Forced Performance 16g they refer to in the map notes? There are a lot of vastly different 16gs out there. According to their map notes that map will not work with aftermarket headers (or intake, but they usually say their intake is okay).

I still wouldn't ever run an aftermarket turbo with an OTS map.. too many variables to just make a blanket map for all cars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahh.. looks like they've updated their OTS map list (honestly, I don't pay much attention to Cobb stuff these days).

Is the 16g you're running the Forced Performance 16g they refer to in the map notes? There are a lot of vastly different 16gs out there. According to their map notes that map will not work with aftermarket headers (or intake, but they usually say their intake is okay).

I still wouldn't ever run an aftermarket turbo with an OTS map.. too many variables to just make a blanket map for all cars.
Im not shure the brand 16g,it has a blue tag on top says, dsm tdo5 16g thats it.
Kinda how I bought the car,I knew it wasnt 100% when I bought it but it was cheap...I stole it for 5 grand.
Its got the cobb intake..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK I figured it out it has a turboxs boost controller hooked up wrong and turned way up..

Thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Still get the tune. The tuner may/may not want to use the MBC. Post in the CO thread and someone can hook you up - I think they use a guy Harvey someone but not sure the firm. Or PM "sinister".

That will be a sweet setup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts