ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After being away from the Subaru brand, I'm looking foward to bcoming a WRX owner. I stopped in today to look at and drive the WRX for the first time. Wow! I am very impressed with it.

Am I wrong to expect the dealer to work with me on a new 2011 on the lot? What I've gotten so far is that he sells at or above list (it's a WRX Premium, not the STI). He is hemming and hawing at letting it go at list, plus title, tax, etc.

Is he playing hard to get?

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Woops! Newby Mistake....

I probably should have posted this in another section.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Best deals can usually found on line, even if you deal with the same dealership you had been to in person. Check out truecar.com, and request a quote from the dealer via a link from Subaru's site.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
With 2012s starting to show up, you may be able to talk price down even a bit further. I find that the more you act uninterested, the more they want to get you interested. Tell them you don't *need* the car...and for them to make YOU an offer. Worked for me when I bought my first 2007 STI Limited off the lot back in 2006. Got it for $2k below invoice, out the door.

·
Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers?
785 Posts
There are plenty of factors involved in what they will sell it for, including the classics of supply and demand. Still, it won't be long till the '11s are the old car on the lot and they will have to let it go for less. Tell him what you are willing to pay for it and be willing to wait, as time is your best leverage. If they want the sale he will negotiate, but if he has other buyers he can pass you by. The other thing is to decide how much you want THAT car and how SOON you want one. If the answers are yes/now then the extra grand or so may be worth the investment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts