ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so yeah..... I was driving along yesterday and came upon a C5 corvette auto. I played with him for a while, off the line, from a roll, etc.... I faired very well and held right with him from a low roll and pulled off the line upto about 50mph. I was happy.

so then today, i was driving home from work and came to a stoplight. It was raining and I was just sitting there. Decided, "what the hell, lets see how how this goes". So i launch and put the pedal to the floor and row into second, and bring the car to the top of second gear. at this point i realize that i just floored my car AND launched it and didnt spin or anything. I was happy.

then i thought: I have a 4 door sedan that is as fast as a corvette, and will maintain that speed in the rain! all for less than $20,000..

I was happy :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
hmmmm....

What are your mods? I'm guessing far from stock if you're hanging w/ a Corvette from a roll.

I wouldn't take my '04 stock rex and try anything w/ a Corvette, for sure.

·
Registered
647 Posts
ya u gots to be modded, but anywho thats awesome. I was driving around in the rain today, and gunned it from 2nd and was not impressed...my front seemed to slip alot for some reason? But anywho, awesome job :D

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
very nice kill.:D

i do have to say however, i always thought it would be awesome to make a car for under $20000 that is as quick as a corvette, but after driving a vette then a wrx, they don't even compare. granted i would hate to lose to a wrx if i was driving a vette, but i'd still be dam happy

just my 2 cents:)

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i got it under 20k because its an 02' (used)

as for the vette: I dont claim my car to be "faster" than a vette, but he spun off the line, and i launched a car or so ahead and held that lead til about 50mph where he pulled even and we shut down shortly after (he would have pulled about a car or so on my in the 1/4 though i am sure)

from a roll: it was a low roll. somewhere around 20mph. I got the jump and then shortly after he pulled slightly ahead, but i managed to keep pace with him... he didnt really pull on me, i was keeping up pretty well. (this was only until about 80 though, and i am sure he would have pulled on me hard if we kept going)

conclusion: Like i said, i have a 4door sedan that cost less than 20k and holds its own against a vette... all the while, i am able to floor it in the rain too, and its pretty much just as fast :)

mods: full 3" catless, MBC

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
DTR rex said:
from a roll: it was a low roll. somewhere around 20mph. I got the jump and then shortly after he pulled slightly ahead, but i managed to keep pace with him... he didnt really pull on me, i was keeping up pretty well. (this was only until about 80 though, and i am sure he would have pulled on me hard if we kept going)
You stayed with a C5 from a roll, with MBC and a TBE? Pretty impressive. I thought those things were fairly potent from a roll.

·
48,699 Posts
Blue2004WRX said:
Corvettes really aren't that impressive. I don't know why everyone bows down to them. You have my compliments.
I think that they're fairly impressive, just that most people who own them either have an automatic, or won't drive it like it was meant to be driven. So they seem tame on the streets. Just my experience...

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
2fastwrx3112 said:
ya u gots to be modded, but anywho thats awesome. I was driving around in the rain today, and gunned it from 2nd and was not impressed...my front seemed to slip alot for some reason? But anywho, awesome job :D
get some new tires:D ;)

·
Registered
122 Posts
American cars are my dish of choice, especially after owning a couple that died before a car should have died...

Vettes, Gaymoros, Mustangs, even an occasional Crossfire...

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RayfieldsWRX said:
You stayed with a C5 from a roll, with MBC and a TBE? Pretty impressive. I thought those things were fairly potent from a roll.
no doubt that in an "all out" race he would have put a few cars on me... but one race was from a stop and fairly short lived (about 50-60mph.) he ended pulling even and we shut down before he put more on me.
second race was from a low roll (20mph) and i had a 1/2 car lead, he pulled even, then he pulled about 1/2 - 1 car on me...we took it upto about 80-90 and he never really put anymore distance on me... he held about a 1 car lead the rest of the way.

I am just saying... it wasnt an "all out" street race, but the fact that my mildly modded wrx holds it own and runs with a C5 vette all while being able to be just as fast in the freaking rain is AWESOME!

·
48,699 Posts
DTR rex said:
I am just saying... it wasnt an "all out" street race, but the fact that my mildly modded wrx holds it own and runs with a C5 vette all while being able to be just as fast in the freaking rain is AWESOME!
:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
corvettes are so fast.... esp z06.. its a monster in the handling/accel department

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Off topic, but still somehow on topic.

I went to LBI this weekend with my girlfriend and her family, and I left my car in her garage. I was driving around her 2000 QX4 all weekend, which, for an SUV, is a pretty decent ride. Anyway, I had gotten all used to that car, and when we got back home and I drove away, I was amazed at how well my car took corners and how steady it was. I felt like I was driving a go-cart. Also the speed :)

You want a new appreciation for your car? Drive an SUV for a weekend.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts