ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout"
4,124 Posts
I used to drive a 95 Jeep Wrangler with the 4-banger in there. It wasn't as fast as my WRX is.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
'89 Isuzu P-up 4x4, so rusted out, that if I drive close enough to the side walk, I can scrap or cut people's appendages right off :eek: (but is great in the snow:D). I call it my JunkYard Limo / HomeDepot-Run-Mobile

'92 Chevy Caprice (mom's car) :)

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
'93 Ford Probe 4-banger was previous car. The handling was great and despite the nay-saying about Ford, it's been more reliable than my WRX so far (because of cruise control cable recall and clutch shudder) and I owned that car for 10 years and bought it used!

-snowcat

·
Registered
19,615 Posts
87 buick century ---teh fastest buick on earth!
89 prelude ---lots of fun
93 acclaim --hey, it got me there
98 prelude ----my baby
00 stratus --not half bad

and now 03 wrx wagon....LOVE IT, BABY!!!!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
99 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L Inline 6 (I miss the low end torque) :(
68 datsun fairlady - (The peak power of the car is equal to about 2k rpms on a wrx - but boy did it handle well!) read: no understeer!:D

·
Registered
54 Posts
75 Dodge Dart - Hey, it was like my first car, and it was free (ran nice, until I hit the telephone pole; then stripped the spider gears doing neutral drops)
84 Ply. Duster - Got great gas milage
90 Pont Sunbird - Better milage then the duster; and I bought it brand new
84 VW Jetta - I had acquired a wife and child, and the wife HATED the Sunbird, so I (temporarily sold it to my brother; couldn't afford 2 cars then)
?? Stanza Wagon - Wife wanted her own car, and we could afford 2 cars now, so I got my Sunbird back
?? Ply. Colt Vista Wagon - Sold the Stanza to move out here to Colorado, and the wife missed having her own car; Sunbird came with us (it was newer then the Stanza)
01 Subi Forrester - Wife wanted a new car; I talked her into a brand new car
02 Subi WRX - I wanted a brand new car; and the wife saw that Subaru was bringing the WRX to America.

Until the WRX, I loved driving the Forrester (it had a smidge more power then the Sunbird). Funny thing about the WRX is, it was going to be a Dodge RAM truck. But, my wife read about the WRX (specs and all) in a paper, and thought that this would be a fun car for me.

BTW, she used to say that my Torch Red Sunbird should have been called "f--k me red". It actually looked orange under streetlamps (I loved that color).

Out of all these, the WRX is the most fun I've had. The Sunbird was pretty fun in the snow; you could really go with that, and get the back end swinging (ahh, the "benefits" of FWD).

So far, the most reliable has been the Sunbird. I did have to replace the head gastket, at 110,000 or 120,000 miles. Other then that, nothing else was wrong with it.

Viggy

·
Registered
0 Posts
77 Datsun F10 - First Car, bought it for $750, sold for $1200 :)
88 Honda Civic Hatchback - This car was HOT then. Hit by a truck while still a baby.
89 Honda Civic Hatchback - ha, can you believe that I thought this car was 'kinda quick'
91 Mazda MPV - See what getting married does?
95 GMC Sonoma
97 Dodge Caravan - Blam my practical wife again
98 Dodge Dakota - Went back as a lemon. That was fun
99 Dodge Dakota - Replacement. Good truck, sometimes I even miss it.
03 Dodge RAM 1500 - Wife's truck, at least it ain't a minivan.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
2003 spec v. Wanna buy the pos? I thought it was awesome. Then I bought the wrx. Still not enough power. Then I got the STI. Not fast enough! But I still got my CBR. Too bad I sold my nos'd CBR 954. FAST!

·
Registered
818 Posts
'87 Subaru GL wagon (god i loved that thing till i drilled it into a curb and made the engine relocate itself under the dash)

'96 ford windstar (buddies and i used it to haul our asses around, dubbed it Mr. Cruzer)

'02 wrx - my current obsession

- and looking for a good daily driver so the subby can stay garaged and only get her legs stretched on the weekends

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
'95 BMW 540i. Dad taught me to drive with it. Drove it every day until it was stolen.

'02 Lexus RX 300. Mom's car. Nice, but not that fast, so there is no point in driving it :rolleyes:

'03 BMW M5. Dad's new car. Drove it once, but it wasn't as fun as the WRX.

'03 WRX. My current car, and the best car in the world :D

·
Registered
19,615 Posts
snowcat said:
I see a lot of those around here; how's the build quality/interior?

-snowcat
I took it over when my mom passed. For a daily car, it wasn't half bad. I sold it a month after getting the 98 lude. The Stratus had 18k on it, so I didn't get to test the longevity (or lack thereof) Dodge. The ride was ok and the interior was average/just above.

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
1996 Volvo 850 GLT - car I learned to drive on, so I still like it.

2000 Honda Odyssey minivan - You can fit 5 BMX bikes and 4 people in it. My friends who have Suburbans and Navigators can't do that. 0wn3d.

2001 BMW 325i - whatever, its nice to cruise around in a BMW but I'm not really impressed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
well im not old enough to even have a wrx yet, but because my dad loves cars just as much as i do, he has had a pretty nice series of cars since i was born.

86 300e benz - black. my dad wrecked it on the way to the hospital when i was born. that really sucked. i guess we still owned the car until the insurence company totaled it.
89 325ix - burgendy. i barely remember this car, but i still think its a great looking car when i look back at pictures.
91 525i white. sold it after a year to buy the next disaster.
92 lexux gs300 - pearl white. (maybe a 93, i dont remember. it was one of the earliest models). the car was such a pos. it had a great radio and a/c, but it was slow and handled like ****.
93 300ce benz coupe metallic black. one of my favorite cars, ever. it was sexy and performed pretty well.
93 535i bmw - homosexual light blue - a sporty car that never gave us any trouble. we kept it for the longest my dad ever kept any car, 4 years.
95 porsche carrera 4 coupe - black. i loved this car. to this day, it is my dream car. whats amasing is that now you can pick one up with like 70k miles for 30k. i know its alittle bit more than a wrx, but i would take it any day.
97 & 99 528i - silver and black. mommy mobiles that my dad and i would toss around alittle bit.
99 porsche carrera 2 convertable. silver with a gorgeous boxter red leather interior. this car gave us alot of trouble, but i loved it the most of any car we've ever had. i learned how to drive stick on this car.
01 e320 4 matic. what a bore, but it got through the snow really well.
03 porsche carrera 4 s coupe. metallic black with black interior and custom red stiching. the sport exhaust option on this car is orgasmic. it sounds like a 60's muscle car. you wouldnt believe how many people try to race us. im lucky that were still gonna have this car when i have a license.
04 530i bmw - metallic black. the new body. everyone thinks its ugly, but i love its looks and the technology. im gonna get pleanty of time behind the wheel of this car too.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts