ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Banned
5,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know just enough to be dangerous, but I somehow got a trojan spyware/adware virus that I can't get rid of. It's setting my home page to about:blank and won't let me change it. Plus I get at least 3 pop-ups every time I click anything on the internet.
Norton anti-virus detects 47 problems, but can't delete any of the corrupted files. It's even messed with google, no matter what I type it brings up results for "free adware software!" and only shows me one page of results. :mad:

Any computer guru that can tell me 'click this and you're fixed you idiot!' will be my hero for the month of July. :)

·
Banned
5,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually tried that. It sits on the download page and does nothing. I think the trojan blocks me from downloading anti-trojan stuff? :confused:

·
Registered
739 Posts
What OS is this? I usually boot into safe mode and then either go into the registry or the startup folder and remove anything that got added there. Then remove the associated file and reboot.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Throw your windows machine out the window and buy a Mac, sissy.

j/k, Ad-aware would be your best bet. If you can't download it off Ryan's site, I'll burn a copy of it onto a CD for ya.

·
Banned
5,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GetawayInBouldr said:
Throw your windows machine out the window....
That's what I would usually do, but I'm a much happier person now that I don't connect at 49k bps. :rolleyes: I still don't know much about las computadoras...
OS is windows XP Pro. No mac for me unless it's the last computer on earth and I NEED to post here :)
I'll try the thing from the web thing...thanks Ryan

·
Banned
389 Posts
i dont have problems with popups banners trojans any of that junk anymore. my cisco helps but also I use zonealarm when browsing(take it off for games) what I use to rid myself of the lucky spyware that makes it to my hd is Adaware.. good stuff works for me well

·
Registered
685 Posts
Now that you have adaware, try spybot. Seriously works. It will boot up before anything else on your computer does and will kill them. Spybot search and destroy.

Good luck with your computer. Don't get a Mac. Don't do it. :D

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Hmmmm....I don't get any viruses. Or spyware. Or trojans....Seems that my system is immune.

Maybe it's cuz I have a Mac. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
svc said:
Ok, I give up. I'm getting a mac.
No virus's, no adware, no spyware, and a perfectly working computer year round. If you're serious, call me and I'll get ya a discount. ;)

Sorry your computer is so messed up, but like you said, at least you can still post!

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
1 - 20 of 62 Posts