ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"His life is one of the most magnificent examples of courage which it has been the privilege of mankind to behold..."

Were it not for this quote, one could mistake the Bab for the Zem?

Anyway, I drove into work again today. I really shouldn't drive to work. Parking in LoDo sucks. It costs too much money and I have no money. I am a big dummy...

Happy Friday! MSEMC check in! :)

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SmokinJohnny said:
MSEMC checking in.

Alright, I'll bite. Who's the Bab?
It is an interesting story, but I am not going to post the whole thing :) You can read about the Bab here

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wrx21 said:

Damn Websense .. I guess I will be wondering who Bab is all day until I can get home and find out.
Mystery is a spice in life...

Okay, time for some coffee.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Ahh, the Bab.

"The melody of His chanting, the rhythmic flow of the verses which streamed from His lips caught our ears and penetrated into our very souls. Mountain and valley re-echoed the majesty of His voice. Our hearts vibrated in their depths to the appeal of His utterance."

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SmokinJohnny said:
Ahh, the Bab.

"The melody of His chanting, the rhythmic flow of the verses which streamed from His lips caught our ears and penetrated into our very souls. Mountain and valley re-echoed the majesty of His voice. Our hearts vibrated in their depths to the appeal of His utterance."
Yeah, I didn't know much aboot him either :)

·
Registered
406 Posts
(Shiraz 1819 or 1821- Tabriz 1850) Founder of Babism, in 1844.
Bab is the name which Sayyid Ali Muhammad took in 1844. Ali Muhammad was the son of a merchant and worked as one himself, while he occupied himself with religious questions. After a pilgrimage to Karbala he declared himself a reformer of Islam. This was on June 11, 1844. The message of Ali Muhammad was not badly received, and soon he started getting followers. The first was Husayn.
While Ali Muhammad was out on a trip to Mecca, he wrote down divine revelations. On his return he included in the Shi'i creed that he himself was the one who mirrored God, so that God could be seen by man. By now the followers of Bab faced persecution by the local governor of Shiraz.
Bab took Islam as his starting point, but redefined many of the regulations, and polygamy and concubinage were forbidden. But Bab wanted to have all religions join in with himself as the spiritual leader, and through this start a new era for mankind.
At first Bab gathered around him 18 disciples, of which one was a woman, and had great success in spreading his message all around Persia. But when Nasru d-Din Shah took power in 1848, he soon decided to start heavy persecution of Bab and his followers. Two years of civil war was the result, yet Bab himself was not part of this rebellion. His party ended up on the losing side and he was executed in 1850 in Tabriz.

I found a site that websense hasn't gotten to .. Yet

I figured others might have the same problem.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wrx21 said:

I figured others might have the same problem.
You have done an excellent job of keeping this thread on topic. That is NOT what you should do...

You should be banned!

·
Registered
406 Posts
WRX-games said:
You should be banned!

Try it .. I dare you!

So I have a week left to live in Arvada .. after that It will be up to you Jay to Represent the MS Pirates alone. Are you up for this task at hand?

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wrx21 said:
Try it .. I dare you!

So I have a week left to live in Arvada .. after that It will be up to you Jay to Represent the MS Pirates alone. Are you up for this task at hand?
What the??? Where are you going mang?

~edit~ Nevermind... Dood, it isn't like you are moving out of state you know. Besides, Sweethouse and I can hold down the Arvadites. You can help corrupt Westminster now :)

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Checking in late. Had a 6am breakfast meeting with a consultant. TEH suck.

So here I am. Not looknig forward to working, but looking forward to Harrrrrrrrvey's for lunch. Yay!

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
I am here. Annual ethics training.... I now feel so much more...err... ethical. You know?

Holy crap I need caffeine...

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Zem? Ethical? Huh? Wha?

Mmmmmmmmmmmm 4 cups of coffee with breakfast.....

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Zem said:
Well now that I've had the ethics training, helz yeah!
Most excellent. I may require you to provide me with some training as a result.

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
WRX-games said:
Your last sig was much more interesting.
Odd, as you were posting, I was changing my sig. I encountered this line while submitting my acknowledgement of doing the training. I thought it was most amusing.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts