ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it is safe to say that many of us do this EVERYDAY. I know I do.

Things that make me a geek:

-I love teh "Nofriendo" games. Video games are fun!
-I use the word "nifty".
-I love to use teh internet.
-I like r/c cars.

I am certain that all of us will add to this list as the day goes on...

Alrighty then. Time to make some coffee :)

MSEMC checking in!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Geeks are teh rock.

"Once you begin down the path to the darkside, forever will it dominate your destiny."

Technocrats Untie! (damn spellcheck)

:D

·
Registered
406 Posts
I don't consider myself a geek .. I am more of a gear head.

I do like to take things apart and mess with them, I have an abnornal obsession with making my car stereo as loud as humanly possible, I built my own computer, and I just bought a HD Tv .. Ok, I am a geek.

MSEMC Checking inz.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I haven't been into work this early in quite a while. Just thought I'd chime in and say hello to all the early birds.

BTW - You're not a geek if you like video games. You're a geek if you play them every chance you get and won't put them down even when your wife wants to spend some "quality time." I guess that makes me a geek........

:D

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
SOB>....I dont even get to have a cup of coffee...im a slave now...

out to work in the shop I go..so much for IT work...

:rolleyes:

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
The Way of the Geek....

I did this yesterday... oh well... let's see if I can win...

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons Editions 1, 2, 3, and 3.5.
Magic: The Gathering
Computer builder
N64, Gamecube, PS2, GBA
SysOp in the days of 2400 - 14.4kbps
I've read the hitchhiker's guide serious 9 or 10 times

....I'm trying to think of anything else significant. It's tough, you know? Every day involves some geekiness.... whether it involves cursing someone for increasing entropy or making fat mama jokes involving potential energy... mmmm....

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
svc said:
I need to pick up some geeky habits. Does collecting zippo lighters count? Or building model cars?
Definately no on the lighters. The cars..... maybe. I'd lean towards no, but I can still respect someone who says yes.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I hate geeks

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kingb333 said:
I hate geeks
How is that D & D character of yours developing, Bradley?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
WRX-games said:
How is that D & D character of yours developing, Bradley?
I thought I already told you that I hate geeks, they do nothing for this world...other than provide entertainment for me when I go geek bashing...haha die all geeks...ok I am a nerd I own every video game system ever made and play them often enough...plus many other things others have named...I own an R/C plane and cars...damnit I am a geek...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Admitted Geek.

Way into D&D growing up.
Read all Tolkien books, Sword of Shannara series, Thomas Covenant series and others, 3-4 times.
Probably enjoy Yugioh more than my 7 yr. old son.
Misc. other geekiness.

Hail to the Geeks! Long may they reign.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Well I may be a geek sometimes, but I aint a nerd.

So we are pretty much safe to say that everyone on here can be considered some sort of a geek. lets list some reasons which make us non geeks.

We drive WRX's

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I'm pretty sure I'm a geek. If for no other reason, than just because. I'm bored, and have nothing to post about and my mind doesn't feel like making anything up. I'm going climbing. See ya all later!

-Ryan

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
Ok, guys, at a very minimum everyone here is on the lowest tier of geek. I mean... we're posting on an internet forum. There are no non-geeks here.

How high up the ladder do you go? That's the real question. I think I'm pretty high up there. For example, SmokinJohnny mentioned reading Tolkien and Shannara... and I immediately thought "bah! Brooks totally ripped off Tolkien and did a poor job of it.... and then each of his next two books totally ripped off his previous book."

Sadly, I can't quite place Thomas Covenant, though... very familiar? Wizard's First Rule? No, wait... is it the Brooks books I never read? Damn... I know I've heard the name.

Books... wow.... I've read so damn many nerd/geek/dork books and series....
Hitchhiker's Guide
The Wheel of Time
Song of Fire and Ice
Wizard's First Rule
Feist! Oohhh.. good stuff. Pug kicks ass!
Death's Gate
Darksword
Rose of the Prophet
Weis / Hickman Dragonlance
Forgotten Realms Avatars
All of David Eddings stuff
Elminsters books
All the Drizzt Do'Urden books
Oh, and that priest dood Salvatore came up with that wasn't as cool.
Of course Tolkien... I did a book report on the Hobbit in 7th grade.
Terry Brooks, Shannara and Magic Kingdom For Sale: Sold stuff.
Something about a dragonbone chair
Narnia! Woot!
I read a few of the Magic: The Gathering books, actually.... not proud of that.

Ok, that's all that's really jumping to mind right now. I know there's a lot more... I have shelves full of them....

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Zem said:
Ok, guys, at a very minimum everyone here is on the lowest tier of geek. I mean... we're posting on an internet forum. There are no non-geeks here.

How high up the ladder do you go? That's the real question. I think I'm pretty high up there. For example, SmokinJohnny mentioned reading Tolkien and Shannara... and I immediately thought "bah! Brooks totally ripped off Tolkien and did a poor job of it.... and then each of his next two books totally ripped off his previous book."

Sadly, I can't quite place Thomas Covenant, though... very familiar? Wizard's First Rule? No, wait... is it the Brooks books I never read? Damn... I know I've heard the name.

Books... wow.... I've read so damn many nerd/geek/dork books and series....
Hitchhiker's Guide
The Wheel of Time
Song of Fire and Ice
Wizard's First Rule
Feist! Oohhh.. good stuff. Pug kicks ass!
Death's Gate
Darksword
Rose of the Prophet
Weis / Hickman Dragonlance
Forgotten Realms Avatars
All of David Eddings stuff
Elminsters books
All the Drizzt Do'Urden books
Oh, and that priest dood Salvatore came up with that wasn't as cool.
Of course Tolkien... I did a book report on the Hobbit in 7th grade.
Terry Brooks, Shannara and Magic Kingdom For Sale: Sold stuff.
Something about a dragonbone chair
Narnia! Woot!
I read a few of the Magic: The Gathering books, actually.... not proud of that.

Ok, that's all that's really jumping to mind right now. I know there's a lot more... I have shelves full of them....
Nowhere in that list did I see anything about Piers Anthony, he wrote a ton of books that I read in like middle school or something when I was still into school...those were pretty geeky yet so descriptive...

1 - 20 of 56 Posts