ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...

So, a good friend and I are thinking of building up a hot rod for the sole purpose of drag racing. We currently have our eyes on a very nice 1968 GTO that is already tubbed, has the rollcage, fiberglass windows, Ford 9 inch rear end, etc., etc...no engine or tranny but we have a 454 we will be rebuilding and such.

Anyway, I need to get a Classic Car Loan to get this car and am having trouble figuring out how to go about doing that. Every place I find for auto loans on the web requires a minimum loan amount of $7500 (I only need $3000) or they say the car cannot be older than, say, 1991.

Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
You could just get the loan for $7500, and use what you need and pay back the rest right away. Or if you really only need $3000 I bet you two can come up with that much in a few weeks of saving and selling sh!t you don't use anymore, or things you are willing to live without for this car. I think it will be a little had to get a car loan for that old of a car, and that little money. YOu could, if you haven't, try calling up banks, pawn shops, and other places like that for $3000
MCL

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
You can use therest of the money for a trailer/tools/spare tires etc.... maybe even a lift. Then you could let people use the lift.

FTW

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I had a lift, but had to get rid of it due to no place to put it. I will have another one in a little over a year, and this time I'm keeping it.
MCL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts