ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OT: Duran Duran Appreciation Day

I'm having an ice-cold Chai tea this morning, in addition to my french toast sticks... AND... I don't have to be to work until 8:30.

What a good day.

MSEMC... checking in.... late. :D

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Actually, it is "Duran Duran appreciation day", and no, I am not kidding :)

Anyway, I guess the band got its name from a James Bond movie or something. I guess "Duran" was a villan or something... I can't remember the whole deal.

The sunrise this morning was simply awesome! It was aboot 6 AM. Maybe it was shortly afterward. Anyway, it put me into a great mood!

MSEMC checking in!

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
WRX-games said:
Actually, it is "Duran Duran appreciation day", and no, I am not kidding :)

Anyway, I guess the band got its name from a James Bond movie or something. I guess "Duran" was a villan or something... I can't remember the whole deal.

"When Duran Duran formed, their name came from the character 'Duran Duran' in the sci-fi classic "Barbarella."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062711/

Plot Outline: In the far future, a highly sexual woman is tasked with finding and stopping the evil Durand-Durand. Along the way she encounters various unusual people

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Louis, you are my hero for the day! :)

Coffee time.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Aracheon said:
Sorry to steal your thunder, James. :(
LOL... It is no biggie, mang. I think it is time I pass the torch anyway :)

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
I went rafting for the first time this Sunday!~

It was awesome. My friend fell out of the raft on a level four rapid :eek: Then we camped out and had a whole keg to ourselves (8 people) so we got pretty drunk. We ended up crashing this huge raft tour guide party where they had a pig roast / bonfire / volleyball, dj, etc. I didn't think people in Canon City could party :confused:

I am sunburned so bad! My legs have never seen the sun before and they have turned a dark purplish red :(

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
MSEMC checking in.

I saw a Mustang GT-R on the way to work this morning. He must have been teh fast4r.

Having a rather large cup of coffee right now. I seriously needed it this morning.

I don't like chai at all, and Duran Duran gets on my nerves most of the time. So I guess neither of these holidays are very good for me. :)

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Bring it, Celica Boy. :confused1

:wiggles: :D

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Aracheon said:

Soon-to-be WRX Boy to you. :D
:rotfl: Not soon enough!

·
Registered
466 Posts
I moved over the weekend. My new bedroom has windows facing east, south, and west. It's rad. The sun wakes me up in the morning, so mornings have become significantly less painful for me.

I dislike chai, my brother drinks it by the gallon. I am too young to fully appreciate Duran Duran.

MSEMC checking in.

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
Oh, and there will be no passing of the torch. Jay, post the frickin holidays. This is messing with my routine and causing me to be somewhat irregular. I just can't handle that in the morning.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Zem said:
Oh, and there will be no passing of the torch. Jay, post the frickin holidays. This is messing with my routine and causing me to be somewhat irregular. I just can't handle that in the morning.
I concur. Jay's peppy first posts in the daily OT thread almost get me motivated to work in the morning.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts