ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OT: Why do we make spotted threads?

Seriously, why? I understand "hey, I pass this car every day..." but the "hey, I saw this car driving by..." Why? What basic human emotion is it that drives us to say "hey, I saw you"...?

If I had to guess, I'd say it's that desire to be part of something larger... but...mmm... I dunno. Any thoughts?

Oh, and seriously, STOP IT WITH THE SPOTTED THREADS!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,682 Posts
<regional lurker>
In the NE Regional forum there is just one 'spotted/sighted' thread which gets bumped with each updated sighting. Perhaps doing that would reduce the clutter?

Just a thought.

-tp

ps: IMO a single spotted thread > daily holiday hijack threads
</regional lurker>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
553 Posts
Perhaps building a sense of community? Maybe the need to find meaning and connection with others through the drudgery of our day to day lives?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Teep said:
<regional lurker>
In the NE Regional forum there is just one 'spotted/sighted' thread which gets bumped with each updated sighting. Perhaps doing that would reduce the clutter?

Just a thought.

-tp

ps: IMO a single spotted thread > daily holiday hijack threads
</regional lurker>
We had that for a while. It sucked.

Aracheon... come to our meets, then. Meeting people on the road is probably not going to work that well. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
447 Posts
People make spotted threads because they want recognition for their efforts at waving frantically at every subaru that drives past. They want the rest of us to know that they are PART OF US.

It's all a grasping sensation for approval and acceptance. :p


I spotted a blue wrxy with some BLING inside. Was that you, Zemmy? :p
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mikkito said:
I spotted a blue wrxy with some BLING inside. Was that you, Zemmy? :p
When I smother the life out of you, I will shed a single, perfect tear. It will catch the light perfectly, refracting into a million tiny rainbows..... and that will be the most glorious bling the world has ever seen...

;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
447 Posts
Zem said:
When I smother the life out of you, I will shed a single, perfect tear. It will catch the light perfectly, refracting into a million tiny rainbows..... and that will be the most glorious bling the world has ever seen...

;)
You sure know how to flatter a gal... ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,890 Posts
Zem, stop being offended that no one notices your green badge. We like spotted threads. You don't. We could make a thread requesting an end to all references to Buffett. :)
 
1 - 20 of 105 Posts
Top