Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks. I have been absent for a while but still have my 02 bugeye. Title has 1 name on it. 馃榿 October will be 20 years since I bought her new.
20210602_172306.jpg

脝ternum
Very nice! Welcome back!

I'm on my 8th year with my STI, original owner. Not nearly as impressive as you, but considering most 'enthusiasts' tend to churn a car a year or so.

脝ternum
Spiro, Armin, and Robin all still have theirs, AFAIK.

Justin's is long gone.

Reactions: smorris

Super Moderator
Justin's is long gone.
Thanks for the update. Justin's username? I'm old and forget everything I think I once knew...

脝ternum
Thanks for the update. Justin's username? I'm old and forget everything I think I once knew...
brfatal.

You know, the troll. Saw him a couple weeks ago actually.

Met up with Armin in Seattle a few years back, but he still posts pics of Eva on Facebook (almost never drivers her).

I'm also pretty sure that Dr. John (Myco) sold the sonic yellow wagon about 4 years ago.

Super Moderator
Ah, I knew that. I'll forget again by tomorrow. Thanks!

I knew John got the BMW, but thought he kept the wagon. I just re-read the thread, and saw that he sold it later that month. :( I miss John's varied hobbies and knowledge.

Registered
That's impressive. What have you had to replace to maintain it, other than the obvious timing belt? The body and paint look good, considering the age and mileage.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
That's impressive. What have you had to replace to maintain it, other than the obvious timing belt? The body and paint look good, considering the age and mileage.
Wheel bearings, AC compressor, alternator, and transmission. Trans wasnt a necessity but I found a good deal on a 05 trans so swapped the entire thing.

Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
I went through wheel bearings in the front also. Both sides within a couple years. What about axles? I've done all four at this point.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I went through wheel bearings in the front also. Both sides within a couple years. What about axles? I've done all four at this point.
Only the front axles. And only because they were required for the 05 trans.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts