Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
This might give a better idea of what they look like. I think they are the same as the picture three down on this page, called wrc headlights. I have been thinking about getting them myself, don't really care for the morette lights.

http://www.vividracing.com/prod_extlight.php

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
I think the JDM headlights look the best out of all the aftermarket headlights out there but they are the most expensive. They do sell the WRC Headlights in japan with the actaul vents instead of the orange blinker and they cost about $1900 a set and I'm not even sure if they come with HIDs at that price :eek:

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Blazin, about the WRC lights you mentioned...I suppose the housing is CF for a price like that? As for the vents, they would pretty useless unless you actually have the intake tubing plumbed in in a WRC fashion.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Actaully I don't think they're carbon fiber. Carbon fiber headlights would look pretty tacky anyways... Well, if I had the money to start all over with the cosmetics of my car I'd probably go for the WRC replica wing (~$1000), Subaru Giken bumper ($1000), WRC headlights (~$2000), CF WRC Mirrors ($800), WRC Hood ($900) and you'll get a pretty nice looking WRC replica, but then again that's only a WRC lookalike. If you want a sweet looking WRX that doesnt' look too tacky, this is what I would do and the price is somewhat reasonable:

STi Headlights ($800)
STi Front Lip ($500)
Paint front lip & Sideskirts ($300)
17" Volk Racing CE28Ns ($2400)
STi Spoiler ($1000)
STi Grill ($150)

All this will get you a really nice looking car and a lot of people are able to afford setups like this and do have setups like this... sadly when the STi comes out all the WRXs with similar mods will only become "wannabes." Come on now guys, you've all seen Integra LS and GS-Rs with the Type-R wing, Type-R wheels, Type-R lip, and the Type-R sticker and you can just tell that it is not a type R and laugh at it. Hopefully things like this dosent' happen with the STi becuase that's going to suck for a lot of people who spent tons of money on cosmetics for their cars.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Well doesn't affect me too much......my moola goes towards car handling....mostly because if I did spend money on skirts, bumpers and the like, they'd find their way to becoming acquainted with the asphalt(Montreal pot hole, snow and gravel......well when setup for rally that is)

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
yep it's always a good idea to put your money in performance becuase that never gets too old or out of style, but it is nice to have a nice bodykit that makes people turn heads when you drive by.:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yea but if you can back up all the exteriorsti stuff with some power than it should be ok. Dont fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

·
Registered
310 Posts
BlazinWRX said:
Actaully I don't think they're carbon fiber. Carbon fiber headlights would look pretty tacky anyways... Well, if I had the money to start all over with the cosmetics of my car I'd probably go for the WRC replica wing (~$1000), Subaru Giken bumper ($1000), WRC headlights (~$2000), CF WRC Mirrors ($800), WRC Hood ($900) and you'll get a pretty nice looking WRC replica, but then again that's only a WRC lookalike. If you want a sweet looking WRX that doesnt' look too tacky, this is what I would do and the price is somewhat reasonable:

STi Headlights ($800)
STi Front Lip ($500)
Paint front lip & Sideskirts ($300)
17" Volk Racing CE28Ns ($2400)
STi Spoiler ($1000)
STi Grill ($150)

All this will get you a really nice looking car and a lot of people are able to afford setups like this and do have setups like this... sadly when the STi comes out all the WRXs with similar mods will only become "wannabes." Come on now guys, you've all seen Integra LS and GS-Rs with the Type-R wing, Type-R wheels, Type-R lip, and the Type-R sticker and you can just tell that it is not a type R and laugh at it. Hopefully things like this dosent' happen with the STi becuase that's going to suck for a lot of people who spent tons of money on cosmetics for their cars.
Save the money and buy a real STI :D

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Good point WRX rumble :D

Z24: Yeah you can probably wait but I'm not sure when that baby's actaully going to come to the US. The Evolution 7 is comming in about 4 months based on waht the salesman at mitsubishi and he said that they're "aiming to start at $24000," which kind of surprised me because that's a lot of performance for the money.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
BlazinWRX said:
Good point WRX rumble :D

Z24: Yeah you can probably wait but I'm not sure when that baby's actaully going to come to the US. The Evolution 7 is comming in about 4 months based on waht the salesman at mitsubishi and he said that they're "aiming to start at $24000," which kind of surprised me because that's a lot of performance for the money.
Yeah, that seems awefully low for an Evo (hey, that rhymed!:D ). Anyway, I'd say he's way off. I'd guess at the $30K mark (maybe just under it).

Unless they cut lots of corners to get the price down....

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Yep I am guessing he just said that so I'll wait for 4 months and not go out there right now and buy a WRX.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts