ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new here and decided to join the forum because this week I received a final price for a 2012 WRX Premium and will be putting in my order within the next couple days. I currently own an 07 GTI 2.0t that I've had a lot of problems with. I have wanted a WRX for quite some time, seeing I go up north to ride and it would be great to have a car that can actually make it up in a snow storm.

The reason for this Thread is to gain some input from other people that may have ordered a Subaru this year and what the wait time actually looked like. I'm asking for a couple reasons, 1) I cant wait to get my new WRX, I lose sleep actually.. 2) They are telling me 6-10 weeks and I am only allowed to put another 1800 miles on my GTI in that time or they will have to re appraise my trade in. I have a 40 mile drive to work everyday so I'm going to have to borrow my girlfriend's car some days .

So anyone that has ordered a WRX before, your story would be appreciated!

Thanks guys, I look forward to making some mods and posting with you guys.

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
I ordered my base on Jan 14th. They are giving me an estimated delivery date of march 12th at this point.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I ordered my 2012 Base WRX (w/ sti shifter) in SWP on the 4th. The told me 8-12 weeks.

I'm trading them my 2006 X-Runner and I too drive alot for work. I average 300-400 miles a week. I've been borrowing my dads 2000 Tundra, such a boring drive. I am sick of waiting and it hasn't even been 2 weeks yet.. :(

·
Registered
74 Posts
I ordered a 5dr WRX premium 1/3 and it is supposed to arrive 3/5. I do have a few port installed accessories so I imagine that could delay it if the port is running behind/slow.

I was originally told anywhere from 6-8 or 10-12 weeks depending on how backed up they are. Right now it's looking like 8 weeks unless it's late, or early!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ordered a 2012 WRX Premium 5-door in DGM on 12/7, and have an ETA of 2/17. Now, we'll have to see if it'll show up on the 17th...
Hey Dave, you'll have to update us to tell us how you made out. Goodluck!!

Thanks for all the info guys! I will be ordering mine today and from what I'm hearing I have a long wait ahead of me! Actually wish I had never asked haha, seems like you guys have been waiting for quite some time.

Looking forward to hearing how it turns out and how long you actually had to wait! Anyone one out there that has actually received theirs?

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Id tell them to piss off it they want to re-apraise your trade if you drive over 1800 miles, your the one spending your money with that dealer, they can either be courtious to you for waiting for the product you placed an order on and hold up there end of the bargain or you can choose to go elsewhere. Simple. They work for you, not the other way around.

·
Registered N00b
263 Posts
Ordered my 5door sti premium in swp dec 7th. Arrived at the dealer jan18. A whole week before it was expected. And from what i hear, the color, trim, model combo i ordered is very rare. So maybe yours should be sooner! My buddy has an mk5 gti also, been tryin to tell him to get a subie lol.

·
Registered
102 Posts
2) They are telling me 6-10 weeks and I am only allowed to put another 1800 miles on my GTI in that time or they will have to re appraise my trade in. I have a 40 mile drive to work everyday so I'm going to have to borrow my girlfriend's car some days .
Just complain to them. My dad just ordered a base 2012 Impreza and they underestimated the build time and gave him 1000 miles on his car to be traded-in. Once it started getting near the end of the time frame he complained to them and they told him he could just put as many miles as he needed to on it. An extra thousand miles on a car they're about to turn around for big profit is nothing to them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the response guys. I just got off the phone with my dealer and they have just put in my order for my WRX. Now here comes the pain of waiting, and trying to conserve mileage on my trade. Anyone get the navigation option? They told me it was the big screen with the buttons on the left and right of the screen, and not the one with buttons only on the left. (the one that comes in the impreza) Not sure if they were 100 percent sure which one.

I will try to get them to give me more mileage if the wait is to be longer than expected. Thanks for the info TrozPSU.

impretzel...it sounds like you got pretty lucky, I can only hope the same happens for me.

·
Registered N00b
263 Posts
Lucky is an understatement lol. I waited 4 months back in 07 to get my base civic because i wanted a 5 speed. Best of luck to you man, you will love the car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just ordered my 2012 dgm wrx on March 9th and was given an eta of May... It's only been 5 days... These two months are going to drag.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ordered my WRX 5door on 3/12, still have the estimate of sometime in May. Seems that they are building a round of sedans(those getting vins recently) and probably still gathering some orders on 5doors yet.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts