ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered my first Subaru, a 2012 WRX 5 door.

Just wondering. How long am I going to have to sit here until it comes from Japan? Anyone have any insight? It's only the first night and I'm already losing my mind.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
12 weeks roughly is what I was told, which is a little more than most but they said it was an on the safe side guess

·
Registered
56 Posts
That's why I found one on the lot :)

From the night my old car was stolen it took two days until my test drive. Next day I drove the same WRX home, all 12 miles on it were mine! Now I'm on vacation and miss driving it, still not at 1000 miles!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yea I agree with T0rque, it took about 3 months for my 2012 4 door to come in.

Also still not at 1000 miles...smh.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings to all.
I ordered a WRX STI hatchback one week ago in California. I was told to expect the vehicle in February. Can't wait.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome and congratulations. I am so glad I was able to find my WRX when I was ready to buy. I do not have the patients to wait.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I ordered my 2012 on Nov 20th and have an ETA of Jan 17th. The wait is driving me crazy too.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, guys. They told me 2 to 3 months but I was just hoping that would be an overestimate. Just gotta find some way to stay busy haha

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ordered mine at the end of Nov, and still waiting :cry:.
2 weeks ago my wife spoke with my sales rep, asking her about the situation of the shipment (She wanted to surprise me with the keys on the tree) and they told her the car was on the ship already, but it will be here at mid Jan.
Today I called the dealership, and they told me my car is parked on a dock in Japan, waiting for the ship 0.o WTF?? :mad:
But well, I can't do nothing to speed that process, I just hope in getting my "Fat Miyagi-San" soon..
Cheers, and hang in there.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Call/email SOA and ask them where your car is?

Give them a VON or any details about your order,like your name,dealers name,date ordered,car color,model code,options.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks Rage-Wrx,
I never got any VON or any info, but I can try by the order details.
I tried to call the Canadian version, but the lazy bast... still on holidays, and even the recorded machine says, blah blah blah, we're coming back in Dec 27th blah blah. I think they forgot to remove the auto-answer machine, BECAUSE IT'S JANUARY ALREADY !!!! :face:
But well, I will still trying tomorrow. Meanwhile, I hope a couple of Sumo fighters are taking care of my car. :rotfl:

·
Registered
22 Posts
12 weeks?!?

I was told 5-6 when I ordered about about a week ago.... That might be because I live in Southern CA (assuming the boat docks in Long Beach) . Either that or my dealer is blatantly lying to me.

Considering that's about how long it took for my X3 that was just delivered which came from S. Carolina - And an (in) German car takes about 12 weeks to get to CA, I think 5-6 weeks is a fair estimate.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah. The dealer called me today to thank me for my purchase LOL HAHAHA. He told me that in reality it should be 1-2 months, they just do that to cover themselves when customers get angry that their car hasn't come yet. And I found out that the boat that will carry mine docks in Boston, MA and then is put on a train to New Jersey.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah. The dealer called me today to thank me for my purchase LOL HAHAHA. He told me that in reality it should be 1-2 months, they just do that to cover themselves when customers get angry that their car hasn't come yet. And I found out that the boat that will carry mine docks in Boston, MA and then is put on a train to New Jersey.
2 months sounds reasonable to me considering it's gotta take the extra time to float through panama and get on a train. :wiggles:

·
Registered
90 Posts
we ordered nov 2nd and got car last monday...it took 2 weeks for car build then the ship then the train to montana then truck it here...make sure you just have them remove plastic and do first wash yourself you will be much happier with results as no swirls from kid not carring about dropping rag and having dirt on the mit....and we had our dealer not put any stickers on the car...jeff

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea, i made sure to tell them no stickers on the car. I also told the dealer that I don't want any kind of holes drilled into my front bumper for a plate, however, the dealer called and told me they had no choice because it came from Japan that way. Any insight guys, is the dealer just trying to get the charge for the plate bracket out of me. If anyone from a state with no front plates could give me some info I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I know how you feel man, I ordered mine right before Christmas and I can't wait anymore!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts