ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i just ordered a bunch of goodies, the new TXS fmic,vf34 and sti pink injectors along with a255 pump. my question
is, what engine managment to go with.im not too familiar with them so any advice would be cool. i already have an invidia TBE and AEM cold air. also i would like to get a header and up pipe,is there any specific one that works better with a vf34? i probly will also get a fuel rail too. anyone that has this setup, how big ofadifference will this make? i hate to put it all on and be dissapointed.

·
Registered
256 Posts
i just got my vf 34 set up done and will put pics up tonight if you want to see but i would say to not get the fuel rail i do no thtink they are needed. (until you go bigger) and yes there is a difference so have fun

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
skip the fuel rails, ditch the aem cai and get a blitz sus, godspeed sus or turbo xs unit (I like the first two better, but some have said that due to piping design, the turbo xs unit fits better).

engine management? simple, utec.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no,im not installing anything until i have everything thats needed. i actually like the aem because it works,i know everyone disagrees with that but its true. but,i may have to change it if it gets in the way of the new IC pipes,i dont know yet.

i guess i will skip the rails,as for the headers..should i skip those and just put in the up pipe?
if i go utec,does it come pre-programmed for my mods?

·
Registered
2 Posts
there are people runnin close to mid 12's with stock exhaust manifold. headers arent always needed. as for rails, you might need em for high boost , and yes txs does have preset programs for your type of setup. if it hasnt got it already or they specify for them when you order, then download from thier site. as for cai id say perrin. i think you have to tune for it if you change out after a utec a/f ratio setting

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
you are going to see a lot of different opinions about headers. in short, the topic has been beat to death. run a search on headers and you'll see a ton of info about them, pros/cons and opinions.

if you have any specific questions, feel free to post and i'll help if I can.

·
Registered
227 Posts
It sounds like you are not into tuning your car yourself since you asked for a preset tune from utec. In that case i would find a local shop and get a tuner to road or dyno tune your car with Ecutek. They tune it once and then you dont have to worry about it any more. Ussually with utec you still have to do some fine tuning yourself after you down load the maps.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
as for tuning my car myself, no i will not be doing it. i plan on driving it down to XX tuning in Conn. im in Mass. so its not too far. i want to know that its tuned really nice and i wouldnt know the first thing to do. also,i dont want to be tuning this thing all the time,when i put all these parts on i probly wont be adding anything else. i just want it tuned nice and hopefully have about 300 whp and just leave it at that. maybe Cobb AP is a better choice for that?

·
Registered
352 Posts
justin11 said:
as for tuning my car myself, no i will not be doing it. i plan on driving it down to XX tuning in Conn. im in Mass. so its not too far. i want to know that its tuned really nice and i wouldnt know the first thing to do. also,i dont want to be tuning this thing all the time,when i put all these parts on i probly wont be adding anything else. i just want it tuned nice and hopefully have about 300 whp and just leave it at that. maybe Cobb AP is a better choice for that?
Cobb AP wont give you anything close to 300 whp. I say 250whp if u are lucky.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
justin11 said:
maybe Cobb AP is a better choice for that?
I don't tune myself either.

I have a utec. I would get a utec if you had the money. that's me, you're going to see a lot of people saying go with the cobb instead. I just like the utec unit better, and nothing to do with which system I am using.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
most likely i will get a utec, my friend is a TXS dealer and i can get it for his cost. i just did some work at his new shop for him, and i got the new FMIC at 1/2 off dealer price...good deal :D

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
im available for work on the weekends as well!

XX tuning is the place to go in the local area, I've purchased a lot from them and gotten a few tunes and have good stuff to say about them. I predict, 275 whp if you go utec.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts