ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm really having a hard time with the lack of 2012 wrx's around. I trying to prepare myself mentally to just order a new base model and wait 8 weeks because I can order it at invoice. I hate waiting!

Well, a local subaru dealer just got in an 11 premium in wrb (my preferred color) with only 3k miles on it. If I can get it down to what I would pay for the 12 base, do you think that would be a good deal? I do really like the idea of heated seats, and a sunroof.

On a side note, I just looked at a 11 base yesterday with 7k on th clock and they're asking $30,000 at different Subaru dealer. Wtf? They had no new ones, just this used one that seemed to appreciate $5k when it was first driven off the lot.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
I would not pay the same price for a new base vs a used premium model.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They're asking 26,300 for the premium with 3,000 miles. I think I can order a base with the goodies I want for 25,500 (invoice + destination + options). If I can get the premium for 25,500, would that be a good deal? Keep in mind, if there are any 12's on the lots around here, they're selling them for Msrp, I can only get a deal by ordering.

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
This seems counter-intuitive to me. Usually, I get a better deal on cars that are on the lot - if the dealer has to order, I usually don't get offered as good a deal.

Also - your question really needs more input from you.

1.) Are you driving this car until it runs in the ground? If so, move to question 2. If not, the '12 will be worth more at trade-in simply because it is 1 year newer and there is 1 less owner. If you are likely to trade this car in down the road, I would say go for the '12.
2.) Have you looked at the difference in options between base and premium? Are they worth anything to you?

Either way, you are going to have some fun soon. Good luck.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This seems counter-intuitive to me. Usually, I get a better deal on cars that are on the lot - if the dealer has to order, I usually don't get offered as good a deal.

Also - your question really needs more input from you.

1.) Are you driving this car until it runs in the ground? If so, move to question 2. If not, the '12 will be worth more at trade-in simply because it is 1 year newer and there is 1 less owner. If you are likely to trade this car in down the road, I would say go for the '12.
2.) Have you looked at the difference in options between base and premium? Are they worth anything to you?

Either way, you are going to have some fun soon. Good luck.
I know what you mean. Out of 4 dealerships near me, there is only 1 new wrx base and 1 limited between all 4! Huge demand with no supply. I found a base at a dealer 200 miles away but they will only drop a few hundered below Msrp.

I would personally love a premium, but it's honestly a hair more than what I wanted to pay if i order new. This one is in my wheel house though, but I just hate that there is hardly any depreciation on a used one. I do plan on putting lots of miles in it, and keeping it for a long time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been lurking on these forums for the past few months and I am in the same boat as you are. I am looking
for a base SWP hatch but the dealers around my area only have them in sedans. My friend, who used to worked at a Porsche dealership, informed me that the dealer won't give invoice if I was to walk in and ordered it. That would only happen if there were a glutton of hatches in this area, which there isn't for 200 miles. I am frustrated and bewildered. Out of curiosity I checked the inventory of evos in the area and there are a dozen of them at each dealer in the area. Unfortunately, they are out of my price range.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts