ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
02 Civic SI- Jackson Racing Supercharger, Intake, headers, Catback

WRX- Ecutek/Helix up/down pipes

How close should this be?

It's going to happen, my brothers friend is running his mouth. Payed 19K for his civic, dumped almost 3K on his supercharger, add over another thousand for the other rinky dink mods he has. If we hadnt been drinking, would have happened last night

He got pissed when I told him he could have bought a used stock WRX for around 16K and if he put the difference on all he spend on his civic into the wrx, he'd be breaking everything off. He SNAPPED! :)

Thanks for your opinions
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
676 Posts
i think, u will lose from a roll and barely beat him from a stop. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
You will eat him alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
676 Posts
GREDDY said:
You will eat him alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i don't know how, he is still on his stock turbo. i believe, the si with all those mods run low 13's. plus, they are like 500lbs lighter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Jackson Racing supercharger=slow. Low 14's maybe with all boltons. Civic SI, should've used Vortech supercharger instead.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Uhhhh...Someone correct me if Iam wrong but the 02' SI is the egg shaped. If so it weighs in at 2744 lbs, a stock WRX 3,089 I believe and a supercharger makes what 50 hp.Jackson Racing only got 178.6whp and 149.3 lb-ft of torque on there SI. This should be no contest.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
676 Posts
GreyMetal said:
Uhhhh...Someone correct me if Iam wrong but the 02' SI is the egg shaped. If so it weighs in at 2744 lbs, a stock WRX 3,089 I believe and a supercharger makes what 50 hp.Jackson Racing only got 178.6whp and 149.3 lb-ft of torque on there SI. This should be no contest.
actually, according to hondatuning it's 206 to the wheels. it should be a good race. :wiggles:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Isn't stage 2 from Turboxs around 230+awhp?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
b4437 said:
actually, according to hondatuning it's 206 to the wheels. it should be a good race. :wiggles:
I have a hard time believing 206 to the wheels. JR claims 40% increase from 160bhp. That only equals 224bhp. 206whp seems too high.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
323 Posts
TAKE HIS MONEY!!! :rotfl:












and his girl if he's got one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Which version of the Supercharger does he have??? Jackson Racing numbers I posted came right from there site for the 02-04 SI with there Street version they also make a Race Version.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
441 Posts
Assuming you have two fully working legs / arms and know how to drive this will be pretty embarrasing for him. After you kill him from a stop agree to even take him from a roll. I have a best friend with a 94 B16 Turbo'd hatch at 10psi and when I race him its not even close no matter how we go about the race. So I would imagine the shoe box with a supercharger and front wheel drive really is going to stand zero chance on this one. I'd take a video camera as well just so you can mail him a copy :)

And if you want to have some fun after you beat him line up for a roll keep it low geared if you have a loud exhaust and make him think you are getting on it. Then when he takes off just shift to 5th and act like you cant keep up. I bait cars like this everynow and then and I love seeing the look on there faces once I play for real!!

Have fun and be safe :)

Staton
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for the replies

he does have aftermarket pulley

and I'm not sure which Jackson Racing Supercharger he has. I think he claimed it gave him 30+hp wheels.

yes it's the egg shape newer style civic hatch, looks like a GTI, an ugly one, GTI looks much better

I will not burry him from a dig, my clutch is stock and has maybe one more launch left befores its finished. I wont launch or I'll try not to :)

I see others running the same mods as me, 13.2-13.4 average. We'll see
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,298 Posts
I predict at least 4 cars with you in the lead. The JR SC does not give them all that much of an upgrade. Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
676 Posts
HBPUNK said:
thanks for the replies

he does have aftermarket pulley

and I'm not sure which Jackson Racing Supercharger he has. I think he claimed it gave him 30+hp wheels.

yes it's the egg shape newer style civic hatch, looks like a GTI, an ugly one, GTI looks much better

I will not burry him from a dig, my clutch is stock and has maybe one more launch left befores its finished. I wont launch or I'll try not to :)

I see others running the same mods as me, 13.2-13.4 average. We'll see
those low et's are with a good driver. those are the times with stage 2.5 t think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
seriously dude i bet 100 dollars that he will EAT YOU ALIVE from a roll. i was stage 2 and raced a civic si on a crappy lil turbo running 6 psi and he murdered me. it wasnt even funny how bad he beat me (from a roll that is). also his launch was quite decent for a fwd. to bad he afforded it from robbing banks and is now serving 10 years


ok umm he wont eat you alive but will still beat you from a roll
 
1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Top