ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Well you can go porterfield, axxis (probably the most mild), carbotech, ferodo, and there are some more.... but it really depends on what compound you use.

Do you auto-x any?

I know someone who uses carbotech bobcat's and are supposedly good, but I don't have much to compare to.

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
For every day driving probably Axxis Ultimates or Carbotech Bobcats, both a large improvement over oem.

If you need a little "more" Porterfield R4S, Ferodo DS2500, others.

Big Sky

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I've had Hawk HPS pads on two cars that I've owned, and I've got to say I loved them on both. They're great for extra stopping power, and take a little track time without failing. They hardly make any excessive noise or dust (in fact, almost NO noise) during normal use. They're not for hard autox'ing or abuse if that's what you're looking for though. If you need that extra oomph, try the Hawk HP+ pads.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
I had axxis ultimates and liked them a lot but the amount of dust is just insane! The pads do have great bite and are very linear in feel..... I switched to Carbotech Bobcats in the front and I'm very happy with them. They feel very similar to the ultimates with just a bit more initial bite, but without the excessive duting. I may try a set of Ferrodo's the next time, but these work very well for someone who drives their car hard....

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I use ferodo ds2500, it's nice does not wear the disc much at all and stopping power is much better than stock.

I'm considering to try ds3000 next time since the stock discs are soo cheep. My brother has this pads on his evo but the pads are eating his disc:eek3: He has to change his 330mm brembo discs almost every 1.5 year :eek3: and that is not much fun...

For daily driving and weekend racing I really like the ds2500..

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts