Subaru WRX Forum banner

open source tuning

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  kornkid21792 
#1 · (Edited)
#5 ·
I assume you have an 03-05WRX? Changes what cable you need.

#8 ·
ok so one more stupid question well i guess 2, i just wanna make sure i get it right, its pretty much self explanatory isnt it, i buy the xpt map/load it on the the ecu flash program connect the cable to my car press the flash but and then the map is flashed right?
and where under the dash do i connect this bad boy 03-05 WRX Reflash Connector For Tactrix Openport SHIPS FREE | eBay

#9 ·
It connects right under the steering wheel. You can find a pic. I recommend saving the map that is on there first and always keep it so you can go back to stock. Do a test flash and make sure everything is cool. Then flash the map for real and then confirm it. Read ahead the instructions and follow all the directions as far as when to turn the key on ignition or off.

Make sure your battery is charged, plug in your computer, don't run anything electrical in the car while flashing and don't mess with the computer or the cord while flashing.

#11 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.