ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Let me preface this with all apologies for possible redundant threads as I'm slightly noobish 馃槪馃槪馃槪 I take possession of my saab 92x this week and I have come to find out I have some major misconceptions about Subaru's. I have been scouring the internet and have come to understand the 2005 wrx has an open front diff and I intend to change this to a torsen front diff although the differential FAQ on NASIOC forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15812529 contains several broken links and information seems to be hard to come by, at least for me... I would deeply appreciate possibly a link to a website where I could buy a diff.
if it is of any use to you I plan to daily this car for at least a couple years. I don't particularly care about huge numbers although I wish to mod in a safe manner, intake, turbo back exhaust, tmic, catch can, tune and tons of suspension components for now. money isn't too much of a concern. ive been on several forums and lots of people roast for lack of using the search feature so please have mercy on me. as a side note, I am thinking its not possible to do buuuut has anyone figured out a way to wire in traction control on a wrx? this would be a dream come true but perhaps I will just have to save my money and pull the trigger on an STI sometime in the future.. thanks for any input
andrew

脝ternum
The best way to get a front LSD in your WRX equivalent is to install an STI 6spd unit and running gear. You will also get a supremely better center differential and a much stronger gear set. It's also expensive.

You might also be disappointed to learn that your rear differential is largely, at this point, equivalent to an Open Diff as well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
You dont say.... that is quiet interesting to learn. Perhaps allocating said money towards a proper sti would be more advantageous in the end. I am curious as to why you say the rear diff is open, I'm not saying you're wrong but that's not how I interpreted the faq I referenced.

脝ternum
Viscous couplers break down over time and when they eventually fail, they act as open differentials.

They aren't ideal for performance vehicles which is why the STI drivetrain is significantly more robust.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Certainly you could replace faulty equipment, maybe this isnt the ideal starting platform for a solid performance car, it will be my dd after all.. humm, I guess it seems more hassle than it'll be worth to go with premium parts. Really, thanks for the insight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts