ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anybody is interested, I spent a while figuring out how to log directly to an SD card. There is a thread over on the OpenECU forums, but its like 36 pages long, and kind of hard to sort though.

I'm still a bit rough around the edges, but I think I got a fairly good handle on it.

If anybody wants me to make up a configuration file for them, I'd be more than willing to. I'd like to get a bit more familiar with the process before writing up a nice 'How-to'.

Just let me know your ECUID that your ROM is made for, the triggers you want (Can do booleans of RPM/clutch/brake, etc - I am using cruise toggle.. RPM>0 is a common one), and the criteria you want to log. The less data the better of course.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. I can help you walk through it. I'll do a nice 'how-to' after I do a few more of them for myself. I'm currently playing a bit more with various triggers - mainly cruise control since my rear defroster shuts off periodically... and its on the steering wheel.

First things first, next time you flash a ROM in EcuFlash, look at the bottom of the check list for a 'patch' to enable CAN logging. This will allow logging off of CAN instead of K-line, which is about 24x faster. I haven't applied this patch to my current ROM yet, as I didn't want to drop any of my learned stuff that I am using for correction.

It makes life a LOT easier to just plug it in and not carry a laptop around.

Just pick up a small SD card and make sure its formatted to FAT/FAT16/FAT32. Mines a 4Gb and is FAT32. Works fine for me.

I'm going to comment up my configuration so its a bit more generic.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i also have a 4gb card. still need to format it though.

i'll pm you the things my tuner wants me to log.
Should be formatted already, but best to right click and format just to make sure. May be easier if we do it through email so I can attach a text file. I'll PM you my email.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts