ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Here is a link to a better one, I used to race Gas R/C cars when I was youger. The company (Tamiya) is one of the best in the industry for R/C cars. Tower hobby btw has been around for at least 20 years and if you dont find it on their site I would not buy it. Tamiya's cars has replaceable parts and you can upgrade the 540 motor and battery to a hot wound motor and matched battery packs... HPI also makes a gas one on the site.. Dont buy a crap one from a non-hobby store,... you can mod this one :D

·
Registered
441 Posts
Oh,, yea and also the 380 motor is about half the size of the 540 in the Tamiya, dont let 1 c-cell batery fool ya, the 360 will run around 10-15mph the 540 will go around 25-30.... Enjoy!!

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I bought one that looks exactly the same as that at Walmart for 25 bucks....same wheels same everything (ecept working headlights). It went like 5 mph, so I modded it. I put a battery pack (12V) in direct series with the motor on top of the 9.6 V RC pack that came with it. Im guessing it went 20 :D .
It also has these cool sound effects like the boxer rumbling at "idle" and accelerating and braking sounds.

While looking for a pic, I didnt find any put did find this:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?cat=4172&dept=4171&product_id=2508388&path=0:4171:4172:78565

·
Registered
165 Posts
from the above link
"It features a detailed interior and, coolest of all, a removable intercooler that transforms into a weapon."
just what the youth of our country need...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts