ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have two wrx's. An 02 with a blown motor, and a 05 with a good motor but I wrecked it. So I swapped the 05 into the 02. The 05 ran great, made like 13psi which was normal for my climate. It was "stage 2" but basically just an intake with a cobb stage 2 tune and a custom hood exit. During the swap I change spark plugs and didn't go a step colder just stock plugs. Swap was over and everything almost went fine. I accidentally hooked one pressurized fuel line from the fuel pump to one of the vacuum lines. I pumped a ton of fuel into the intake manifold and hydro locked it. I just had to pull plugs crank it and let it all evap out. Then I started it and no problem. Car seems to idle fine but there's only two problems. One being that im only making 6psi, like 8 max in 5ht gear hauling balls. Ive checked a lot of vacuum lines and for boost leaks and the restrictor pill, but still nothing has changed. Also changed my waste gate controller. Still nothing. Ive re flashed my ecu and that didnt fix it. So I thought it might be the waste gate. So I disconected the vacuum line to the waste gate and made 20psi fine, so that seems to be fine. So any ideas, thoughts, somthing I might have missed or should check again. Anything will help cause I want my little loud car back asap! Second problem, when im coming up to a stop sign and take the car out of gear and roll towards it, the cars idel goes all crazy. It just about dies on me. It starts to chop super hard and like I said just about dies. So if anyone can help that would be amazing and im willing to try new things!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had a similar problem with the car dying on a boosted protege 5 I used to own. Check the BOV to make sure it isn't leaking to the atmosphere. If the MAF sensor detects x pounds going to the engine, and the blowoff valve is dumping 30% it will cause a highly rich mixture which will killl the engine.

Does it do it if you blip the gas when going to neutral when coming to a stop, or is it still actively trying to die in neutral/idle all the time?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts