Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
i don't understand why people like the carbon fibre hood. it doesn't even match the car. whenever i see it, it reminds me of a 1988 honda that was in an accident, and it had to take the hood or door off of some different color vehicle that was wrecked.

$0.02

dR

·
Registered
186 Posts
carbon fiber hoods are sweeeeeeeeeeet. i dunno i guess you gotta accept the JDM cleanliness style

·
Registered
3 Posts
considering we already have a super light trick as hell all aluminum hood, I would rather spend my money on go fast goodies!

d.

$0.02
:D

·
Registered
186 Posts
ya so would i. the only reason id get a carbon fiber hood is if i already have my go fast goodies and start the looks of my car. or if my sotck hood gets dented or something

·
Registered
333 Posts
The hood is ok, but i REALLY hate the eyelids.....
the new gen wrx lost imho a lot of style points with the bug eyed headlights.... to add those eyelids makes it look like a plastic surgery candidate to remove fat from his eyelids.... all that is lacking are some bags under the eyes:D
PS. no one take this personally.... just MHO

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree with the idea that our hood is already pretty light. The only car I think works with the carbon fiber hood is the true Spoon Civic Type-R Hatch. White car with carbon hood and graphite wheels. That's nice. Mixing bronze and carbon fiber doesn't sit well with me. Don't care of the eye-lids either.

But that car did get a lot of attention at the show. I could look under the hood, but the kid had every Electronic performance piece mounted throughout the dash. Forgot to mention, the owner looked like he was 17. Thanks Daddy! (he might have been older)

-- Rich

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
i usually like the eyelids, but with the c-fibre hood, it does look really weird. most of the pics i've seen though, the eyelids make the nose quite a bit more menacing.

i think the white makes them look worse too, cuz the darker colors blend them in more.

Blaze Yellow

dR

1 - 11 of 11 Posts