ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I have decided I still want a BOV or an intake because I want to hear the BPV or a BOV. I want a intake then or a FORGE. So, which one will hurt my performance less? Assuming I go with a perrin or gp moto intake of course.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
screw the intake and go with the bov.

If you like the Forge, take a look at the Worx bov as well.

And remember if u want to hear the turbo sound louder, take out the plug underneath the brake pedal on the firewall. I know u are hesitant to do this because u think I'm trying to trick you or something, but I'm not. That plug is usually reserved for cables that go to an external amplifier (aftermarket of course) mounted in the trunk, so it's usually unplugged anyways. If you don't like it, u can always plug it up with some Dynamat. Can't hurt anything.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
can't help ya with that. I'm a n00b with bov's. I just know how they sound that's all. But you'll probably hear more of the whoosh noise with 100% atmos.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
You're supposed to put the bov on then start the car/give it some gas if it doesn't sputter or idle funny then you're fine...but if it does you have to tighten it up.

Also if you buy a recirculating one you don't really have to worry about the poor idling problems *but* you get way less sound.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts