ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i am on the fence about modding this car(2012 WRX)..I am definitely getting the nameless axle back for it but other then that. I really want to get an AP, DP, intake but I am just worried my luck stupid motor will **** the bed. I kinda feel like I am driving a glass house and in stock form the car just feels really lack luster and boring. I dont know what to do. :confused:

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
The EJ25 motors are really good tough motors...those are minor modifications you'll be doing. If any modifications, I think you'll have more success that route than any other route as far as being on a safe tune and basic setup.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
I personally would avoid any hand held universal tuners like the plague. A real dyno tune for your particular car in your elevation for your modifications on your fuel. Safest route possible.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
I'd rather get an accessport that a tune by some of the tuners I've met

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
those arent tuners, fly by night douche bags arent tuners.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
.. everyone and their sister are "tooners" these days. Hell, I've flashed a few maps and worked out some rough spots/knock myself, does that make me a tuner? lol

But in all seriousness, a real tune by an experienced reputable tuner will be far better than any OTS map hands down.

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont know who i would actually trust to do a dyno tune around me. I just feel like if i do anything even stock driving it spirited i might break something.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Hit up Eric Mineheart @ Torqued Performance. He sells OTS maps and will tweak them for your vehicle. He is a REALLY good dude, when I go the next step, I'll have him do my etune again then.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
I dont know who i would actually trust to do a dyno tune around me. I just feel like if i do anything even stock driving it spirited i might break something.
No offense man, but you worry too much. It's a Subi, not a McLaren. Have fun with it. Isn't that why you got it? If you don't enjoy the car in stock form, do the research and mod it. Even if you don't, drive it like you stole it, and quit worrying.

·
Registered
21 Posts
No offense man, but you worry too much. It's a Subi, not a McLaren. Have fun with it. Isn't that why you got it? If you don't enjoy the car in stock form, do the research and mod it. Even if you don't, drive it like you stole it, and quit worrying.

best advice on clubwrx. I'm glad i'm not the only person who drives their car like they stole it :cool:

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts